Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / front loader washer
ErinsMom
# Posted: 10 Jun 2012 15:07

I just have one thing to say about these: DON'T BUY. The water never totally empties out, I have to leave the door partly open or it sours.

cabingal3
# Posted: 10 Jun 2012 15:25

oh i always wanted one.hee hee.thank u so much for telling us this.

trollbridge
# Posted: 10 Jun 2012 18:16

That is exactly why I won't buy one-I have heard this over and over again. Yuck!

hattie
# Posted: 10 Jun 2012 20:08

I love my front load washer. It uses less water than a normal washer and is very energy efficient. I just leave the door open and have no problems at all. If you get a musty smell, there is a cycle to clean the machine. Just pour some bleach in the soap dispenser and run the cycle. If it is really bad, you may need to do it again.

If you have young children, I would not want to have a front load washer unless it is in a child-proofed room. Leaving the washer door open would be too tempting for little ones playing hide and seek.

johng
# Posted: 10 Jun 2012 22:25

The water empties the same in any type, by pump.
The difference is that the front load has a pneumatically sealed door that traps any remaining moisture inside the tub.
Front loads are the most efficient and energy conscious available.

The door is only locked during a user programmed cycle.

Just
# Posted: 10 Jun 2012 22:30

the gramma who lives here sayes she dosen't want one because you need to wash a full load every time .no good for her as she likes a empty clothes hamper every night.

hattie
# Posted: 11 Jun 2012 12:25

Quoting: Just
she dosen't want one because you need to wash a full load every time

Front load washing machines have an automatic load sensor. They will use only the amount of water needed for the size of the load. Small loads use a small amount of water and big loads use more water. You can (and I have) wash one item in a front load machine and not worry about wasting water.

trollbridge
# Posted: 11 Jun 2012 14:39

My next machine will be an energy efficient one but it will be a top load. I looked at them the last time the pump went out on my current machine. I love the idea of using far less water for each load especially with our aging septic system.

Years ago when we were first married my grandmother passed away and we took her washing machine...an old fashioned front loader and that thing never got any stink in it. I don't like the idea of having to leave the door open because my laundry room is not very wide and it would be in the way. I will say though that my daughter in law loves hers.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.