Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / I'm ADDICTED to this site because??
Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 25 Jun 2012 14:55

OMG...I find myself on here for hours...I can't stop reading all of your great posts!! I also like to chime in and I find myself doing it more often to get my fix...so just tell me to "shut it" if I post to much! I work on the computer all day so its tough to disconnect....

rayyy
# Posted: 25 Jun 2012 16:25

We certainly are a (one of a kind) forum.Best place on line to go for great advice and also to hear your advice.To learn of others out there building their dream cabin.Their story.their progress and susess.It encourages all of us.

VTweekender
# Posted: 25 Jun 2012 16:59

VTweekender<-----------knows he is heading for small cabin forum rehab but can't stop..

MJW
# Posted: 25 Jun 2012 17:35

I always enjoy sharing ideas (and learning a great deal myself) from like minded folks.

Everyone here makes you feel so at home and it is a place where you can feel like you know people that you have never even met.

trollbridge
# Posted: 25 Jun 2012 19:12

I'm attracted to the warm-hearted members here, the common interest we all share, the vast knowledge shared and the inspiration and motivation so many have shown in achieving their dreams!

steveqvs
# Posted: 25 Jun 2012 20:48

What you all said!

Borrego
# Posted: 25 Jun 2012 21:39

Yeah, me too! I check in every night after work while i sip a glass of scotch (single malt of course )
And I still think we should put together a big shindig somewhere in the middle of the US one day .........

hattie
# Posted: 25 Jun 2012 22:34

Everyone here is friendly and welcoming. I love to see all the great ideas the creative folk here come up with.

TheCabinCalls
# Posted: 26 Jun 2012 13:38

Yeah, I was wondering if people ever planned an outing.

Tangent: is it me or do people not do family reunions like they used to...hmm

flyrdr
# Posted: 26 Jun 2012 14:53 - Edited by: flyrdr

I love it becuause it helps me keep the dream alive. There is a treasure trove of ideas, knowledge and expertise here and in the short time I've been visiting I've learned a great deal. Plus it's like one big family of people who share a common interest and lifestyle.

Bzzzzzt
# Posted: 26 Jun 2012 17:39

I don't have anything to add except.... what everyone else said!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 26 Jun 2012 19:12

I've been living the small cabin dream my whole life. This forum connects me with like minded all over. It's great!

Owen

Purplerules
# Posted: 5 Jan 2013 16:28

It's great! If you need an idea about something you can always find someone who has solve it here! Why re-invent the wheel, right!
Plus people around me just do not get it!! What it means to have your own small place in the world, rustic and all. Everyone is so conditioned to city life.

flyrdr
# Posted: 5 Jan 2013 16:39

it keeps te dream alive

Montanagirl
# Posted: 5 Jan 2013 21:18

To see the vast variety of projects, yet single mindedness of the "dream". Polite folks, no trashing or judgements . . . folks willing to share!

TomChum
# Posted: 5 Jan 2013 21:22

....because I've become a small-cabin nut

tcmatt
# Posted: 5 Jan 2013 21:23

all of the above

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 6 Jan 2013 14:02 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Quoting: Sustainusfarm
OMG...I find myself on here for hours...I can't stop reading all of your great posts!! I also like to chime in and I find myself doing it more often to get my fix

Well, admitting you have a problem is the first step in recovery.

Nicest bunch of folks in here for sure. No trashing. Lots of great ideas, I have both contributed and learned a lot more. Even though, I'm done with my cabin, I'm still learning. I have the itch to build again! And go no more than 2 days max without checking in.

I consider all the members here friends.

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 10 Jan 2013 11:28

The ideas are awesome and I have ued many of them when doing projects at the cabin!

Great, knowledgeable people who are always willing to offer valued opinions and ideas!

I also love how the people on here are always friendly and do not bash one another and it never seems like any question is treated as dumb!

TheWildMan
# Posted: 10 Jan 2013 12:17

if your here like me its because you have a very practical thinking patern when you actully go online and can't think of anywhere else to go and this is the only type of website that caters to your limited ideas and interests, is that close?

bobrok
# Posted: 10 Jan 2013 13:11

Quoting: TheWildMan
if your here like me its because you have a very practical thinking patern when you actully go online and can't think of anywhere else to go and this is the only type of website that caters to your limited ideas and interests, is that close?

Yes. I have yet to find another forum similar to this one, so I've given up trying
I could add that many of the member photos and links to products, etc. have been very useful to me in researching and decision making before I build or buy.

smallworks
# Posted: 14 Nov 2014 17:57

I do NOT have a very practical thinking pattern! That's what's great about this place! Dreamers and doers share and share alike.

rmak
# Posted: 16 Nov 2014 12:50

I would have never done solar on my cabin if it wasn't for this site. Big $$ savings. Every time I ask a question I get good advice. Everyone, generally, is polite and not snarky. Even topics that are obvious trolling for an argument are often met with humor. I pick up great ideas about things I never considered before. Lots of information on sources and new products. Even when I ask something that's probably been asked a million times people are patient. Every time I post something I accomplished that I'm proud of, I get praise, even if it's no big deal. Some really great and funny forum names. All that and more.

cabingal3
# Posted: 16 Nov 2014 13:02

because is cabin people have to stick together!

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 17 Nov 2014 13:31

Cabin folk are the best. Who wouldn't want to spend time here?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.