Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Compare your house with the cabin
Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 9 Jul 2012 10:49 - Edited by: Sustainusfarm

I just did some figuring and it appears our house is only 100 sqft larger than our cabin! Our house footprint is one story and 22x44 and the cabin is 24x19 and 1.5 stories. The bedrooms in the cabin are bigger than at the house, but the livingroom at the house is bigger than one at the cabin...both have covered porches! One is way cheaper to maintain and own!!
I guess it is safe to say that I live in a cabin as well!!
House is 968 sqft, cabin is 856 sqft.
House
House
Cabin
Cabin

VTweekender
# Posted: 9 Jul 2012 11:34

When I was looking at your build thread, I almost commented "that looks like it could be a nice house to me"!!!!!....lol....lots of room!!!....but I thought it might be inappropriate to say that...

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 9 Jul 2012 11:41

That was a good call as I would never call my cabin a house..it would hurt it's feelings!! LOL... Not to mention that there is no indoor plumbing or water source...

trollbridge
# Posted: 9 Jul 2012 21:15

Sustainus........You didn't play hooky from work today did you?????

If I were to compare our house to our cabin the difference would be about 2800 sq feet to 926 sq feet and the cabin is off grid. The yard at home 3 acres, the cabin 10. The landscaping at home-a lot-and suffering from us spending time at the cabin. Cabin landscaping-none, except ferns and weeds that need whacking back!

As for the interior...we tried to make the cabin as different from our house as possible and as easy to clean as possible. I sure don't miss having 3 bathrooms at the cabin that need cleaning like I do at home!!

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 9 Jul 2012 22:37

I did again play hooky! I have been for the last 2 weeks...ok maybe the last 4 weeks!
We are heading up to the cabin again tomorrow afternoon to work on the porch ceiling!

Malamute
# Posted: 10 Jul 2012 00:42

I don't have a house.

TheCabinCalls
# Posted: 10 Jul 2012 11:02

Biggest differences:
- House noisy || Cabin Silent
- House 2200sf || Cabin 1000sf
- House Technology Every room || Cabin appliances and lights
- House work is work || Cabin work is fun/play
- House is homey || Cabin is cozy
- House is carpet/wood || Cabin concrete/wood
- House is close to everything || Cabin is 10 miles from anything
- House energy hog || Cabin energy efficient
- House backyard has swings and trees || Cabin backyard has forest and lake (boat, fishing, etc)

cabingal3
# Posted: 10 Jul 2012 12:19

lets see.
manufactured home in city close to everything/cabin in woods close to nothing.
city home,about 1000 sq.feet./cabin is 150 sq.ft so far.
no privacy in this park?cabin and woods-u have so much space to roam
house is play/cabin is work.fun work
city place-home owners association.i hate it so.
we just got done pulling weeds,and patching up everything.moving everything.we are only suppose to have one barbeque and some garbage cans on our long huge carport.
we are still awaiting our letter dinging us.they went by house to house with clipboard in hand seeing what they could ding us for.
/country and cabin.no rules.
u can run and shoot guns and build and play music and be free.
in town at this house-garbage service...out at the cabin-none what so ever.
here in town-they take care of the roads we drive on.at the cabin-we take care of the roads.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.