Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Forum Help Needed-What's General and What's Off-Topic?
rmak
# Posted: 27 Jul 2012 18:58

Hi folks. I'm new here and loving the forum. I built up my courage and posted a topic about where to find furniture for my cabin in the General, but it got moved to Off-topic.
I wanted to post some other questions, but maybe I should know the protocol first. I'm upgrading/redoing a cabin I built 20 years ago, so the info I seek will be about this subject. Would this be in the General or Off-topic sub forums?
Thanks!

VTweekender
# Posted: 27 Jul 2012 19:24

Hi rmak, cabin construction forum would be for those questions.

rmak
# Posted: 28 Jul 2012 14:06

So the general forum is for general issues related to cabins, and off topic is for any discussion about non-cabin related subjects and physically altering a cabin should be in cabin construction.

OK, but my furniture question was cabin related. That's why I was confused. Are questions about cabin appliances and hooking them up general, construction or off topic? We are wondering about what a small kitchen would be in our application.

Of course, I could just not worry about it and post wherever. Someone will move it to the correct location.

VTweekender
# Posted: 28 Jul 2012 14:20 - Edited by: VTweekender

If you are off grid then the appliance questions go in Off Grid Forum. Don't worry much about you other thread getting moved, it may have been a mistake from CabinBuilder (admin), it happens time to time. Or maybe the post contained computer elated things etc...which would be Off Topic. Sometimes a thread starts on topic but turns off topic for quite a long time, then it will get moved to off topic as well.

It's all good!!...

rmak
# Posted: 28 Jul 2012 14:34

Thanks much VT! Just trying to fit in. I'm trying to get over being so anal retentive about everything. That's one reason why we're going to start using the cabin again.

VTweekender
# Posted: 28 Jul 2012 14:39

ahhhhhhh, your cabin is calling you!!!

Martian
# Posted: 28 Jul 2012 20:09

Quoting: rmak
Just trying to fit in.

rmak, think of it as cold water...........just jump in! Welcome.

Anal's usually built with great attention to detail; so I look forward to reading about your projects.

Tom

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.