Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / 10 mins. ago I was grandpa again to another little girl.
OwenChristensen
# Posted: 19 Aug 2012 21:42

My middle daughter just had a 6 lb 8 oz baby girl, Monroe Juliette. She is my forth grandaughter and my ninth grandkid. Life is great!

Owen

Just
# Posted: 19 Aug 2012 21:49

just meens more toys Owen ;congrats

hattie
# Posted: 19 Aug 2012 21:57

Warm congratulations to you!! Grandchildren are gifts direct from Heaven!!

neb
# Posted: 19 Aug 2012 22:21

OwenChristensen
That is awesome!!!

naturelover66
# Posted: 19 Aug 2012 22:27

Congrats!!

cabingal3
# Posted: 19 Aug 2012 22:54

thats so wonderful Owen.Hattie says it right.they are gifts straight from heaven.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 20 Aug 2012 07:39 - Edited by: OwenChristensen

I had my kids spred quite a ways apart. My oun youngest daughter just moved out. Soon she'll get married and start her family. I could end up with a huge family indeed.
Some of you know I lost my sister recently. She had two sons nearly forty years ago. She died without any grandkids. So sad.

Owen

bobrok
# Posted: 20 Aug 2012 11:01

I will be joining the grandpa club this January with the birth of our 1st granddaughter (yes, they went and checked!) to our daughter & son-in-law.

Cant wait!

Congratulations to you!

tnky03
# Posted: 20 Aug 2012 12:46

Congrats, Owen! There is absolutely nothing like grandchildren!

rayyy
# Posted: 20 Aug 2012 17:12

Ain't that the coolest feelinggg???

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 20 Aug 2012 18:15

Thanks, just going to see her now.

Owen

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 Aug 2012 22:15 - Edited by: trollbridge

Awesome Owen...hope you gave her lots of "grandpa kisses" when you visited! Happy for you Does your daughter live nearby?

bobrok...congrats to you too...I remember a grandchild was on your Christmas list!!! So excited for you too

We found out our 4th grandchild is due to arrive 12 weeks after our baby is due...it's going to be a busy winter! Also hoping our daughter and son in law have happy news to share within the next couple weeks. They've been working on it so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 21 Aug 2012 07:25

I held her last night. Shes a good baby. Dark hair and only 6 lbs 8 oz. I'll post pictures later. Both of them look healthy and strong.
All three of my daughters live close. My son lives a couple hundred miles away. That's pretty good.

Owen

neb
# Posted: 21 Aug 2012 07:47

You are a lucky man!!!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 21 Aug 2012 12:25 - Edited by: trollbridge

Quoting: OwenChristensen
All three of my daughters live close. My son lives a couple hundred miles away.

That is pretty good Owen!

Life is weird isn't it? Who would have thought that yesterday I would be sitting through college orientation in 2012 with one child while another is growing inside me. 9 years ago I did the same thing and certainly thought that was odd then! I am feeling like a sappy pregnant woman today-sorry, but sometimes life just kinda takes my breath away! I am still so surprised to be pregnant and so thankful that everything is going well after all our worrying in the beginning. It is still sometimes hard for me to wrap my head around the fact. I feel so blessed in my life and am so thrilled to have my healthy children plus 3 grandchildren and a 4th on the way! It is very special watching your own children become parents. I pray every day that my daughter will get the good news she has been waiting to hear. It has been difficult watching them struggle especially after knowing we were pregnant. I guess even the stork can screw up! Anyways...sorry for the sappiness. It's just that there are defining moments in each of our lives where we can't help but think "wow, I am really blessed" and having a healthy grandchild born is definitely one of the special ones! Sorry again for the mushiness-doesn't take much these days...

Can't wait to see pictures of her Owen

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 21 Aug 2012 18:33

I know, I had a hard time bragging about the grandchildren around my sister who had none , yet had her son's before me. I had now kids for six years after we got married. My parents thought, why can't Owen get with it. Slow and steady, that's me.

Owen

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.