Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / new tv show
cabingal3
# Posted: 4 Sep 2012 13:41

Yukon men is starting on sept.7th.
i have not seen much on it but i am looking forward to seeing what they show.i am always game for anything with Alaska and Canada.
does anyone know anymore about this show?it would be funny if Marty from the mountain men show was on this new show too.

Anonymous
# Posted: 4 Sep 2012 16:39

Hi cabingal,
Don't know where you are from, but I have seen two episodes of Yukon Men so far here in PA.
I'll give you a brief synopsis..... First episode, they spend 10 minutes telling you how dangerous it is going to be taking the dog team over the frozen river, because there are spots that haven't frozen yet.... (the whole hypothermia sets in within minutes, blah, blah, blah).
Then towards the end of the show the same guy has to bring water home before he goes out on a hunt and they show you how incredibly hard it is for him to chainsaw, hack and break his way through the ice.... But, his family so desperately needs water...
The whole time I'm like DUH, why the heck don't you just go back to the spot that wasn't frozen over yet????
To sum it up, think, Gold Rush, Mountain Men, Bering Sea Gold and Flying Wild Alaska all rolled into one times 2...
Save yourself the DVR space!!!

TomChum
# Posted: 4 Sep 2012 17:13 - Edited by: TomChum

Quoting: Anonymous
The whole time I'm like DUH, why the heck don't you just go back to the spot that wasn't frozen over yet????

....yeah just walk out there and dip a bucket in. Careful don't fall off the edge!

rayyy
# Posted: 4 Sep 2012 17:20

Gottah get me one of them tv antenna's one of these day's!I do miss tv once in a while.

cabingal3
# Posted: 5 Sep 2012 10:14

thanks guys for the heads up on this...will have to check into it and see what is like.no.we dont have it here yet.hmm.on Friday nite we get to finally see it.thanks!

cabingal3
# Posted: 7 Sep 2012 22:22

its not on.shoot.i did see some online shows i can watch.so i guess i will watch them tonite online instead of on tv.

DaJTCHA
# Posted: 8 Sep 2012 14:27

I have to say the I'm getting tired of these shows. Once you start to notice the continuing themes and the common cinematography used for each show...it gets old!

WHY DO I KEEP WATCHING THEM!?

I want so bad for them to find a huge chunk of gold or for the other shows to demonstrate a technique of survival that I'm not aware.

Maybe I just answered my own question!

cabingal3
# Posted: 8 Sep 2012 23:48

cause when i cannt be at my cabin-i can watch them in the wilderness at their cabin.

cabingal3
# Posted: 8 Sep 2012 23:53

ha.i found out i had the wrong nite.its sept 14th.whew.thought i had missed them or they were taken off the air before i got to see them.

Gary O
# Posted: 9 Sep 2012 12:15

Quoting: DaJTCHA
WHY DO I KEEP WATCHING THEM!?I want so bad for them to find a huge chunk of gold or for the other shows to demonstrate a technique of survival that I'm not aware.

Funny, reminds me of when I was a kid, layin' on the floor, head propped up by hands and elbows, watchin' King save sergeant Preston from getting picked off by hidden claim jumpers...for the umpty umpth time.
...but I watched faithfully, because one time, one rare time, King got shot....and boy did that piss off Preston.
He put King in his cabin, put on his elbow length leather gloves (in the summer no less), and rode after those varmits.
Man, I wanted a pair o' those gloves...grampa's work gloves seemed to suffice.

http://www.evtv1.com/Player.aspx?itemnum=15345

Montanagirl
# Posted: 9 Sep 2012 22:59

I'm enjoying "Hell on Wheels" AMC Sunday nights .. . old Western - building the railroad . . . (Deadwoodesque) . . . Nothing to do with cabin living . . . but sometimes when I'm at the cabin, sitting in front of the fire, smelling wood smoke, by lantern light and I watch an old Deadwood episode (HBO . . . watch out for the foul language definately NOT for the kiddos) on DVD I'm feeling the vibe!

Spudmasher1
# Posted: 10 Sep 2012 00:36

Preston?? King??? Hhhhhmmmmm don't know that one. ... and then I remember Canada! Not the states.

It took me a lonnnnggggg time to figure out why people on this board were spelling words wr... different.

Then it hit me. Canada.

Thanks for posting the link Gary O. That sheds some light on things.

High Oh Silver and away!!!
Spuds

cabingal3
# Posted: 16 Sep 2012 21:32

lol.i was looking on the wrong channel.
ha ha ha..i finally found yukon men.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 17 Sep 2012 17:33

Quoting: Montanagirl
I'm enjoying "Hell on Wheels" AMC Sunday nights .. . old Western - building the railroad . . . (Deadwoodesque) . . . Nothing to do with cabin living . . . but sometimes when I'm at the cabin, sitting in front of the fire, smelling wood smoke, by lantern light and I watch an old Deadwood episode (HBO . . . watch out for the foul language definately NOT for the kiddos) on DVD I'm feeling the vibe!

MT gal, I bought the entire Deadwood CD set.

I'll have to look for this "Hell on Wheels" show.

cabingal3
# Posted: 20 Sep 2012 14:59

i found another one.hillbilly blood.a bit slow though.

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 Sep 2012 17:04 - Edited by: trollbridge

Quoting: cabingal3
i found another one.hillbilly blood.a bit slow though

Seriously OMG! Do they all wear denim overalls, have a big ol bloodhound dog, and have no teeth?? Bless their hearts

cabingal3
# Posted: 24 Sep 2012 08:40

well saw almost every single yukon man show.its ok.

cabingal3
# Posted: 28 Sep 2012 10:49

Quoting: trollbridge
Seriously OMG! Do they all wear denim overalls, have a big ol bloodhound dog, and have no teeth?? Bless their hearts

well hmm.i use to wear bib overalls and so did my dad.ha ha ha.
lets see.eugene maybe has no teeth but they are hard to feel sorry for.the acting is terrible...but they are interesting.they blow things up alot as in someone was picking in the woods of the one hillbilly fella who have pretty big white teeth. and he was getting his gingseng picked and he set a trap to blow things up around them by a trip wire.they also on the last show went to the creek and found rubies and sapphires and had a lapidary fellow.the ones dad come to the house and shine the gems up for them .come to find out.they found a gem worth 8000-10,000$.
they made a split rail fence.time to get out the tnt and blow the log apart.snicker.pretty funny show though.
i dont really feel sorry for them cause they are so able to do things i never thought of.there auto junk yard is there hardware store.pretty funny show.

trollbridge
# Posted: 29 Sep 2012 13:34

Quoting: cabingal3
well hmm.i use to wear bib overalls

Cabi! LOL! I used to wear them too! Mine were white like painters would wear and I had a pair of denim but they were shorts, not long pants. Farmers around here wear them everywhere...heck, I would wear them now if I had a pair.... so many handy pockets...just have to make sure the straps don't "take a dip" in the toilet bowl! Ewww! LOL!

cabingal3
# Posted: 13 Oct 2012 13:51

finally seeing all the episodes of yukon men.man!thats some pretty hard living.they have power and water and such.just wow.
i dont know if i could do any of that hard stuff.chopping down huge trees to use as runners under a log cabin needing to be moved,making fish wheels for all the fish they need for 40 dogs and a mess of family.whew.
i sort of like to think of my woods as a big yard where i am a pioneer gal and we do things as modern as we can with being off the grid.and making improvments as we go along.
i saw one chemical potty in photo bucket just sitting out in the middle of no where with no outhouse covering the potty.just out in the middle of the snow.i thought .whew.we are an upgrade from that by now.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.