Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Looking at a fifth wheel tomorrow. What should I look for?
optimistic
# Posted: 5 Oct 2012 17:14

I am going to check out a huge 40ft fifth wheel tomorrow. What should I look for? or anything I should check?

Just
# Posted: 5 Oct 2012 19:53

there is a glut of large trailers on the market ,, because of gas prices , they are very hard to sell,, so if you intend on selling in 3 or 4 years i would not pay alot ..

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 5 Oct 2012 20:22

I would first make sure the vehicle that you will be towing it with can handle the weight of a 40 ft 5th wheel. They are heavy. There are so many things to check. I would go to Google for a list.

MJW
# Posted: 6 Oct 2012 00:06

Remember that it isn't so much if the tow vehicle can pull it as it is if it can stop it.

Rob_O
# Posted: 6 Oct 2012 00:21

Check everything. Furnace, fridge, A/C, stove, oven, water heater, plumbing, wiring, lighting, batteries, generator. Stick your head underneath and look for obvious stuff (dragged across a curb?). Look for signs of leaks. Check the condition of the roof.

If it feels right at this point, how roadworthy is it? Check the DOT stamp on the tires for the age. Are the tires wearing evenly? Brakes and road lights good?

Good luck!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.