Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / A Life Well Lived
ErinsMom
# Posted: 12 Nov 2012 18:35

I attended a wonderful concert last night at East TN State University last night by ETSU bluegrass band and Kathy Mattea. It was amazing. She spoke of growing up here in the Appalachian mountains, of remembering who we are and how where we live helps shape us, she spoke of finding our own path and having lived to quote a song I had heard on the radio prior to concert "a life well lived".
My questions to all the cabin forum folk:
1. If you were to die tomorrow, would it be said of you: "___had a life well lived"?
2. What do you have to do to have "a life well lived"

I know this has nothing to do with cabin building but to me it is at the center of why we all want that cabin..... That life.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 12 Nov 2012 19:50

as my Morther always said----"boy if you died toorrow you have had a large time" ~~~ i live every day to it fullest!!!!!....

..the glass is half full with me!!!!!! not half empty!!!!

good thoughts~~~~Erins Mom!!!!!

hattie
# Posted: 12 Nov 2012 20:26

If I died this second, I wouldn't have one regret. Treat others as you would like to be treated. Live a simple and clean life. If you are able, help others when they need help. Go through the hurdles of life knowing you will survive and be the stronger and wiser for it. Strive to be a better person every day. Don't worry about what your friends or neighbours are saying or doing, just do what you know is right. Success isn't about "things" or money, it is about self-satisfaction. You can't change what happened yesterday, so focus on right now and just try to do and be your very best.

neb
# Posted: 12 Nov 2012 20:46

I have been blessed with a great life and with no regrets.

johng
# Posted: 12 Nov 2012 20:56

If I leave here tomorrow
Would you still remember me?
For I must be traveling on, now
'Cause there's too many places I've got to see
But, if I stayed here with you, girl
Things just couldn't be the same
'Cause I'm as free as a bird now
And this bird you can not change...

shooter mcgavin
# Posted: 12 Nov 2012 20:58

No complaints here, just superficial crap that i shouldnt let bother me.
My two boys(12&8) are my definition of a life well lived.
Even if they are fighting,again!

TheCabinCalls
# Posted: 13 Nov 2012 08:28

They say the first half we try to make a name for ourselves (be significant). The second half we try to make a difference.

If I died tomorrow I don't think my name/legacy would live more than 20 years. My kids would grow up and ask about me, but not really remember me and my wife would likely find another.

The difference I have made has been a quiet humble type; which I gave credit to the man upstairs.

Now if I die 15 years from now that might be different. Deep question.

CottonPicker
# Posted: 13 Nov 2012 15:53

My Wife & I are past our mid 70s.

We have always enjoyed life & are still enjoying life.

We have children, Grandchildren & Great Grand children.

Many years ago we realized that we were (& still are, the focal point of our extended family!

We hope that we have served as positive role models & an inspiration for them all. We believe that we have.

I recently compiled a complete story of our lives interspersed with appropiately dated photos of ourselves & all family members. I entered it onto our home computer, printed out & gave a copy to all of them. We hope it will be interesting & beneficial to them in their later years.

In the long run it will be better than any cash we can leave for them.

Cotton Picker

trollbridge
# Posted: 13 Nov 2012 16:26

Quoting: CottonPicker
I recently compiled a complete story of our lives interspersed with appropiately dated photos of ourselves & all family members. I entered it onto our home computer, printed out & gave a copy to all of them. We hope it will be interesting & beneficial to them in their later years.

So cool!

I have not had tons of worldly experiences, nor have I earned oodles of money or acquired many valuables along the way, but the one thing I have done is loved with all my heart and hopefully shown my children what is most important in life and set a good example for them to remember and draw comfort on during trying times. I am grateful for the life I have been given.

Deep question that really makes one reflect.......kinda dangerous for an emotional pregnant woman like me!

rayyy
# Posted: 13 Nov 2012 16:36

I say and have always said,My Life has been the most increadibly,fantastic journey that anyone could ever have.Creativity combined with optimisum,zest for life.Good friends,fun and laughter.Healthy,inquisitive mind.I'm soooo lucky to be me!

countryred
# Posted: 13 Nov 2012 17:23

Yep, life well lived....with a whole lots of twists and turns I never expected. 10 years ago if you would have told me where I would be today, I doubt I would have believed you.

Being a good husband and father are my number one goals right now.

The "Cabin Life" to me means spending more time with friends and family, away from most of stress and craziness ,crowded cities and the grind. We are not there yet, but working on it.

cabingal3
# Posted: 13 Nov 2012 18:00

my life has been so very enriched by meeting my mate close to 44 years ago...even thru the worst of times he has been such a joy to be with.and he introduced me to jesus.
we both have always had the vision of hearth and home and of having land and cabins in the woods.i know if i die before i get to move to my cabin in the woods-its ok cause we go out there and have such a fun time of it.so all is good.

ErinsMom
# Posted: 15 Nov 2012 19:39

Thanks for the response. I knew this would go to the core of this site. Many times it is easy to get consumed with the S*** of every day. I, tearfully, look back on my life so far and must say: without the drama of my daughter, I have had so far a LIFE WELL LIVED. I have not been able to impact my own daughter's life, but, what a difference I have made in others. Young girls who have gone to college due to my encouragement and mentoring. The patient whose children had a real Christmas thanks to another nurse and myself. God has enabled me to help others when I can't help myself.

cabingal3
# Posted: 16 Nov 2012 14:12

dear erinsmom...its hard.i am so sorry.my daughter has gone off the deep end.i pray for her every second.
u know...sometimes we do so much for them.this is the case with my grown daughter.i think they just choose different.its not anything on use but i cant let mine go either.till i see her do right.good luck to me on this one.hugs to u.u are a dear person.your daughter is so lucky to have u.

jrbarnard
# Posted: 16 Nov 2012 14:32

If I were to die tomorrow.. it would be said, "that son of a gun owes me 20 bucks!"

Just sayin...

R

cabingal3
# Posted: 16 Nov 2012 14:54

Quoting: jrbarnard
If I were to die tomorrow.. it would be said, "that son of a gun owes me 20 bucks!"Just sayin...R

hee hee.thats pretty funny!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.