Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Can You Imagine
oldgringo
# Posted: 14 Feb 2013 05:51

...having your cabin taken over by a fugitive, shot full of holes in a gun battle, and ultimately burned to the ground?

I couldn't read about that without thinking of my own cabin.

sugarriver73
# Posted: 14 Feb 2013 10:54 - Edited by: sugarriver73

I'm guessing it's not cover by insurance..Act of Fugitive clause?

Karen and Jim Reynolds are the owners of Mountain Vista Resort, the property where alleged cop-killer had been hiding the day police tracked him down. On a routine check of one of their units, Dorner surprised them from upstairs.

Should it be considered a cabin? Either way it would suck.

MtnDon
# Posted: 14 Feb 2013 11:15

While I feel badly for the owners, I can't help but wonder at the news media. Those were all cabins according to the reports I heard. Most of them seemed to be larger than our house. But they were in the woods so I suppose they are cabins

A couple of years ago there was a shootout and an officer killed near our mountain location. In that case their insurance did cover the damages, less the deductible of course.

Bevis
# Posted: 14 Feb 2013 13:40

LAPD would be buying me a new Cabin...

TheWildMan
# Posted: 15 Feb 2013 10:20

i read in the paper the fire was accidental, the cops uses flamable tear gas grenades trying to incapacitate the guy. if he had oil lamps or was using wood heat and had open flames it could have ignited. he died of a single self inflicted shot after the flames started-from incapacitating gas. look at his perspective, he is blind and gagging on the floor from the gas, the flames erupt and he knows he is going to burn to death in it (incapacitated by the gas and can't escape). he would still be able to pull his gun to his head and avoid the scorching pain of burning alive (making it quick).

the gas ignited accidentally, after the flames he fired his one shot, the gas would have prevented geting out of the cabin so the shot was to make it quick.

an insurance mess at best, likely lawyers will try to bill the cops for damages, next of kin will try to sue for the horrible way he would have died if he hadn't shot himself, the cops will cover their asses saying they followed tear gas protocal and that the guy never wanted to be taken alive. it will drag on for years as no one will want to pay the bills

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.