Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Cell phone signal booster
<< . 1 . 2 .
Truecabin
# Posted: 26 Jan 2014 21:28

the boosters for 3g and 4g cost $300-600 and work good but you asked what is the best thats to boost 4GLTE signal
how do you know if your cabin has 4gLTE its a lot of money if you dont know if there is LTE better be sure its $1400 for the booster
wilson booster for 4GLTE https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/wilson-803670-ag-pro-quint-band-4g-3g-and-2g-all-car riers-75db-building-signal-booster-amplifier-only/

Jim in NB
# Posted: 27 Jan 2014 10:31

I have a wonderful phoneless cord I was given years ago by my oldest son. I get all the phone messages I need on it!

Spike IslandGirl
# Posted: 12 Feb 2014 14:00

Tons of super information on this site! I bought a Wilson DT off EBay for about $150.00 US. Still waiting for delivery. I'll report after installation - probably not until April. I have a steel roof, so by all accounts here, that will be a good thing. My hubby has an Android phone that sometimes will get calls, but my iPhone gets one bar and no service.
Michelle

empak
# Posted: 16 Feb 2014 17:38

I have installed cell boosters in the middle of nowhere, No cell signal for miles and miles, a big yagi directional antenna works best on boosters and always remember..... in the cell world antenna height is your friend!

I live in northern Manitoba Canada where the cell towers are spaced very far apart

Spike IslandGirl
# Posted: 21 Feb 2014 13:48

Hey Empak,

If you can get em to work, there, you can get them to work anywhere. We will try with the antenna provided in the pack, but I'll switch to a yagi if I need to. Thanks for the info!

MikeD84
# Posted: 14 Apr 2014 14:27

I set up one by Uniden at my cabin last season and it has been really great since. Was fairly easy to install and seems to of fixed any black holes we had up there. The one we installed was the U60.

I'll check back in. Please keep up posted on how the installation went.

hueyjazz
# Posted: 16 Apr 2014 12:41 - Edited by: hueyjazz

With a direction antenna you also need to figure out where the closest cell tower is and orient it properly. Google maps is pretty helpful in this regard but I ended up using my GPS. I found the location of the cell tower and map the coordinates and then found the same for my antenna location. In the cell world, ten miles away from a tower is a long way. Worse yet when you include trees, hills and any other blockage to the signal. Antenna are also set to pick up a particular bandwidth. You need to match these to your repeater. Yagi is one way to go but i had very good luck with these. Went from one disappering bar to three that are mostly there until there is a wind storm. Then they fade in and out.
zBoost YX039 Dual-Band Directional Outdoor Signal Antenna

Spike IslandGirl
# Posted: 27 May 2014 18:36

We installed the Wilson DT on the 17th of May - the earliest we could get out. And we still had to go around some ice! What a winter! I went from "No Service" to -90 or -95 (thanks for the iPhone tower locator numbers, Kudzu!) Can only go about 8 feet away from the phone to make calls or text, but I can leave the phone by the interior antenna, enable the personal hotspot, and work on my laptop out on the deck. Its pretty much exactly what we need.

John A
# Posted: 26 Jul 2014 12:18

I have been the Wilson direction, but still have difficulty. Anybody try SAT phones? Globalstar or Iridium? Just curious.

fauvel
# Posted: 2 Oct 2014 01:27

I am considering a cell signal booster but have no signal at all in the lake house. I used to ahve some until 3 week abo and have signal 500 ft from the house. Not sure if it would work for me.

beachman
# Posted: 2 Oct 2014 07:50

I have the same one as Hueyjazz - a Zboost SOHO ZB545 and used the antenna that it came with. I attached it to the stink pipe on my compost toilet and ran the cable down the side of the cottage and under then up through the floor to the unit inside. It works great! I also have steel roof that may have helped with the separation factor. About $285 all taxes in - here is the info http://www.ubersignal.com/zboost-soho-zb545.html

johnwoods
# Posted: 22 Jul 2015 10:39

Hi all
I have cell phone booster kit from http://www.myamplifiers.com/. It is cheaper then others and works very well.

carr0406
# Posted: 22 Jul 2015 12:01

My office purchased the zboost product but upgraded the antenna and cable to a high gauge. We went from 1 bar to 3 bars. We also have 3 bars on the roof which is where the antenna is.

J_Cross
# Posted: 5 May 2016 09:30

I use signal boosters, and it really helped me with weak signal.

J_Cross
# Posted: 5 May 2016 11:24

I forgot to mention which one I use. You can find it on https://cellphonesignalbooster.us/

Littlecooner
# Posted: 5 May 2016 20:08

I did not read all the old post, but yes, I have a cell phone booster. Complained to my carrier, Verizon about the service and they sent me FREE the cell phone booster that normal cost $ 250-300. That is the only way I have service and now only have a cell phone in the old homestead.

bobrok
# Posted: 5 May 2016 21:41

Quoting: Littlecooner
Complained to my carrier, Verizon about the service and they sent me FREE the cell phone booster that normal cost $ 250-300.

Would you attach a picture of the unit VZW sent you? Or make/model info?
Thanks.

Littlecooner
# Posted: 6 May 2016 09:05

bobrok, they furnished me a Samsung SCS 2Uo1 which has their name on it as a Verizon booster. You can see this on their web site. At least you could last year. I have had the unit about a year. Phone use to only work on sunny days when I would stand outside. Now it works anywhere around the house and for about 100 feet from the house anywhere outside. I complained that I could not talk except on sunny days and outside. They claimed they sent a rep to my house to check signal. Do not know if they did or did not. It supposedly has GPS capacity to ensure that it is in service at the location I complain about. From memory, booster is over $ 300 across the counter and if you are a verizon customer, they would sell it for $ 250.

bobrok
# Posted: 6 May 2016 11:02

TY, Littlecooner!

This is valuable info for me. I am currently working with VZW to tweak my phone for the new 4GLTE tower they recently turned on in the area of my camp.
Your info gives me a little ammo to use if they can't get it right.

Dave1986
# Posted: 17 Jun 2019 08:23

Here are some boosters that I use myself: https://www.myamplifiers.com/en-ca/ and it definitely provides the better quality of the signal. They also got some solutions for 3g/4g/Wi-Fi that you can find interesting.

RoscoeNelson
# Posted: 23 Jan 2020 06:26

You will need a more powerful unit considering your situation because signal is very weak outside. I recommend the most powerful unit available here:

https://www.signalbooster.com/products/weboost-home-complete-470145

laurieedwards
# Posted: 24 May 2020 08:13

I know wilsonamplifiers. They have competitors. I bought - https://www.myamplifiers.com/repeater-138/URL
It supports all mobile operators in the UK.
Easy to install. Works good
outdoor antenna, outdoor cable - 20m.

waldenite
# Posted: 27 May 2020 16:02 - Edited by: waldenite

https://opensourcelowtech.org/wifidish.html

This looks to be the easiest way to go, two sheets of plywood and chicken wire. Stick your phone at the focus, then talk with a headset or speakerphone, or use it as a wifi hotspot to provide access to a laptop. Use it as a node for a mesh network, or keep the phone on airplane mode except when you stick it there and have it send along text messages and such, to cut down on battery drain.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.