Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / A Little Bit of Whimsy - Fairy Village
hattie
# Posted: 3 Apr 2013 18:39

I thought it would be fun to make a wee fairy village in the tongue of the old coal cart we have on display on our front yard. It's not for everyone, but I thought some of you might enjoy seeing it. *smile*
Looking through the fairy gate.
Looking through the fairy gate.
Come in....
Come in....
Set up for a game of checkers...
Set up for a game of checkers...
More fairy fun....
More fairy fun....

jaransont3
# Posted: 3 Apr 2013 22:12

Very cool hattie. How about a wider shot to get a sense of scale?

One of my hobbies is building fairie doors. This is the fairie outhouse I built to take to the cabin when it is done.

The door is a bit under 6 inches tall.

I have built over 37 of these little things. I have a blog with pictures and descriptions of them. If you are interested, you can check them all out here....

Jaranson Fairie Doors

hattie
# Posted: 3 Apr 2013 22:27

WOW!!! Those are truly amazing jaransont3!!! Seriously - they are pieces of art!! I love the doors that open and also the fairy door that has a fairy door and the fairy door with the little bell above it! *ROTFL* Genius!! Do you sell these? They are fabulous!!! I really like your fairy outhouse too. *LOL*

To get an idea of the scale of my village I am attaching the photo below. It was taken before all the little accessories were added, but gives you an idea of the scale.
Fairy_Village_1.jpg
Fairy_Village_1.jpg

jaransont3
# Posted: 3 Apr 2013 22:34

Thanks hattie....for the compliments and the additional picture. Glad you enjoy the fairie doors.

Most of them were done as gifts, but I have done several commissioned pieces. You can contact me at john@carartbyjohn.com if you want more details. Don't want to turn this into an advertisement.

cabingal3
# Posted: 3 Apr 2013 22:54

oh hattie.i love this so much.i love fairies and gnomes and fun things like this.me and garyo walk every nite and stopped to see this ladies fairy village n her front yard last nite.i dont have the talent as u two do ...very fun.very precious.thank u for sharing.hugs cabi.

cabingal3
# Posted: 3 Apr 2013 22:55

Quoting: jaransont3
One of my hobbies is building fairie doors.

that is so wonderful.thank u for sharing.loved this.

hattie
# Posted: 4 Apr 2013 13:22

Quoting: jaransont3
You can contact me at john@carartbyjohn.com if you want more details.

I just sent you an email.

Truecabin
# Posted: 4 Apr 2013 14:10

jaranson thats a cool little outhouse why don't you build a real one like that?

wow you are brave putting your email on a forum. spam robots can crawl the site for emails to sell to the spammers. I'd edit that out ASAP but if u cant get hattie to edit her quote then you're sold by the next spam crawler.

jaransont3
# Posted: 4 Apr 2013 17:01

Quoting: Truecabin
aranson thats a cool little outhouse why don't you build a real one like that?

wow you are brave putting your email on a forum. spam robots can crawl the site for emails to sell to the spammers. I'd edit that out ASAP but if u cant get hattie to edit her quote then you're sold by the next spam crawler.

Thanks for the compliments.... Our cabin outhouse is just like it.

moon shaped window and all. The vent pipe is not quite the same and we still need to side it and paint it green like the miniature.

As for the e-mail, it is out there already in lots of places. Not too worried about it. I usually have it in my signature, along with my website, on all the forums I am on. Been that we for years.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.