Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Just a rant.........
shooter mcgavin
# Posted: 8 Apr 2013 20:18

It cant just be me but i think the whole worlds gone nuts. Unfortuntely, i read the Chicago Sun Times everyday and it really gets me down.

Todays headlines:
1. 14 year old kid killed in a drive by.
2. Guy runs over his girlfriend and SHE bails him out.
3. Kid from Chicago goes to New Orleans to do volunteer work and gets shot dead.
4.And THAT guy from North Korea! In the summer of 1994 and i still remember this, his grandfather died so his dad took over. Well yours truly was sitting off the coast of South Korea on the U.S.S. Independence waiting to watch the bullets fly. Here we are 19 years later and still dealing with them.
I dont know but i cant be the only one that feels this way.
Thoughts?

naturelover66
# Posted: 8 Apr 2013 21:14

Ofcourse youre not the only one who feels that way.... but don't overexpose yourself to the crazy media. I watch the news....... but I really try not to stress out over things I cant change.
Im in the burbs of Detroit.......serious issues here.... but no where is perfect right?

Look for the beauty in the world........ its everywhere.

oldgringo
# Posted: 8 Apr 2013 21:42

Regime change is an attractive option.
Except, it never works out like you a
want it to.

I agree. The world is batshit crazy. Can I say that?

trollbridge
# Posted: 8 Apr 2013 22:15

Lol...you just did!!! Funny.

TheWildMan
# Posted: 9 Apr 2013 08:27

scewed perspectives in the media, everone loves angry gossip and scandal, people are adicted to it because of the emotional responce (the emotional responce from seeing this stuff releases endorphins, a natural form of opium (like morphine or heroin but made by your own body), when you feel emotion from this news your body releases this stuff to ease you down and your effectivly a drug addict getting a rush from the crud in the news).

media companies know this and choose to list only the bad news and not the so called uplifting good news (no opium release withgood news), it gets you hooked so they get business

the same opied release comes with injury (body responce to numb pain), exessive exerecise (runners high) or sex.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.