Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / who are the ladies on here?
. 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
cabingal3
# Posted: 12 May 2013 06:56

i always think someone is a man on here.
then someone answered a post and i found out they were an old granny. i thought gosh.i would like to ask how many ladies are on small cabin forum.
i am one

cabingal3
# Posted: 12 May 2013 10:49

lets see.there is naturelover66.
there is trollbridge and Sliverwaterlady.and i thought tnky03 was a fella.so come to find out...shes a really cool lady.then there is Grandma Off Grid.and ???

cabingal3
# Posted: 12 May 2013 10:50

oh there is hattie.we cant forget her.

KSalzwedel
# Posted: 12 May 2013 16:32

ksalzwedel is a girl (albeit an "older" one)

Purplerules
# Posted: 12 May 2013 17:34

Purplerules is a granny too.

hattie
# Posted: 12 May 2013 23:33

Quoting: cabingal3
oh there is hattie.we cant forget her.

hee hee.....Yuppers and hattie's gonna be a grandma again. WOO HOO!!!! Best Mother's Day present ever. Grandchild number 5 is on the way. Due in December we're told.

cabingal3
# Posted: 13 May 2013 04:02

aw dear hattie.this is so wonderful.its the greatest thing in the world to be a grandma.that is the best news ever.

Honeybea
# Posted: 14 May 2013 01:54

Hello! I'm a new lady on here. I am 21 and my boyfriend and I are going to be downsizing our lives by moving into a 16x16 cabin that we have inherited in the coming months. The cabin needs a lot of work so needless to say, I have come here for inspiration. I am filled with joy everyday by the thought of leaving the big city we currently live in to move to where its quiet and peaceful and work on a life that is much more simplified.

cabingal3
# Posted: 14 May 2013 07:29

Hello Honeybea.welcome.gosh.sounds like a wonderful cabin.plenty big.u inherited the cabin??wow.thats so wonderful.u will get lots of inspiration here for sure.oh i am so happy for u and your boyfriend.me and hubby are old and we are building ours...for retirement in less than 20 month.so excited. i know what u feel.thanks for joining us.

offgridhomesteadca
# Posted: 14 May 2013 09:52

I am (31/f as we're giving ages..), but I'm also a lurker for the time being.

Purplerules
# Posted: 14 May 2013 10:13 - Edited by: Purplerules

Honeybea congrats, like others have said you will get great ideas here.
Please be sure to post your journey with lots of pictures.

Honeybea
# Posted: 14 May 2013 12:20

Thank you! I already feel welcome.
By inheriting it, I kind of mean its a hand-me-down cabin. My boyfriends parents built it in 1990 as a temporary shelter while they cleaned up their property. They have since built a live in barn on the same property, so they have given us the opportunity to make it our home, since my boyfriend is graduating this summer and we are very unhappy in the city, my hopes are to begin the life I really want to live, and hopefully raise a family there in the future. I am excited to post the "before" "progress" and "after" pics in the next several months!

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 14 May 2013 13:02

welcome ladies! may our cabins revitalize us!

cabingal3
# Posted: 14 May 2013 13:22

Quoting: Grandma Off Grid
welcome ladies! may our cabins revitalize us!

amen!it sure gets my blood running!

cabingal3
# Posted: 14 May 2013 22:11

Quoting: Honeybea
I am excited to post the "before" "progress" and "after" pics in the next several months!

we will sure love to see your progess Honeybea.

naturelover66
# Posted: 15 May 2013 06:59

I miss silverwater lady....
What about plickety cat...and squirrel... they were ladies. Haven't seen them in a while

Congrats Hattie!

cabingal3
# Posted: 15 May 2013 07:08

Quoting: naturelover66
I miss silverwater lady

naturelover66-where is silverwaterlady?i did not know plickety cat was a lady.some of this is good to know.thanks naturelover66.

adakseabee
# Posted: 19 May 2013 17:31

Hey, you ladies forgot Erin's Mom!

trollbridge
# Posted: 19 May 2013 17:57

Montanan and Montanagirl, lakesuperior5, nicalisa, cabin girl...I know there are more...

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 20 May 2013 03:11

Hi Ladies, I am still here.I've been working a lot. That is good and bad. Good..so we can finish our cabin...someday Bad.. because I'm stressed and tired.

trollbridge
# Posted: 20 May 2013 08:38

Hi silverwaterlady! Glad you popped in! I missed you
Stressed and tired isn't good...sounds like you need some cabin time

tnky03
# Posted: 20 May 2013 16:32

Wow, there are a lot of ladies here! Welcome Honeybea, how great to receive a cabin! Congrats, Hattie! Grands are just the very best. We are expecting #15 next month, a girl. We have five busy kids, lol! The oldest is 21, only four girls at present, all are precious. Lol Cabingal, yes I am female, nearly 58 and have to use a tag that is super easy for me to remember. I guess it can be confusing, though. What a great group! I have missed seeing posts from Erinsmom. Does anyone know how she is doing?

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 21 May 2013 06:46

TB-that is the cure! Drove through the same storms tonight that caused the tornados in OK.

tnky03
# Posted: 21 May 2013 08:10

What terrible news from OK. Life can totally change in an instant. Grandma, the sheets are a great idea, very thrifty. Cabingal how nice that you'll have all those windows. I will probably make my curtains, too. I'm thinking about homespun material for that old-fashioned look. In my kitchen I want the ceiling of corrugated metal. I hear a few raindrops and am hoping for lots of them.

nicalisa
# Posted: 22 May 2013 22:51

Hi there ladies I am still around too. Just working a ton at my new job and not getting nearly as much time at the cabin as last year. spent two weekends ago there with my mom and dad. it was great fun to hang out with them. We will head out again in July for a relax over the long weekend.

trollbridge
# Posted: 22 May 2013 23:10

Hi nicalisa! Not as much cabin time as last year? Phooey...that's no good! Don't be working too hard

cabingal3
# Posted: 23 May 2013 00:03

Quoting: nicalisa
We will head out again in July for a relax over the long weekend.

enjoy your weekend in July nicalisa-
Quoting: tnky03
I will probably make my curtains, too. I'm thinking about homespun material for that old-fashioned look

do u spin or weave tnkyo3?those would be wonderful curtains for sure.i love the sound of rain on a tin roof too.maybe everyone does.

tnky03
# Posted: 23 May 2013 06:37

I wish I knew how to make my own cloth, but no I don't. I will either buy material or use something I already have. I tend to be a bit of a boarder when it comes to material, lol. I have a few totes full for projects which are unfinished or unstarted. We do Civil War reenacting and I make most of my dresses for that, also shirts and pants for hubby and outfits for several grands that participate. I have lots of scraps that I've saved for years planning to use for quilts. I guess I need to get started making them before I get too old and can't see how to sew, lol. We got quite a bit of rain yesterday and it's raining lightly this morning. My garden sure needed it, too. The temp at night is to be back in the 40's for a few nights. This has sure been a cool weather spring for KY. I'm hoping we can get a bit done on the cabin this weekend. We are planning to remove the propane fridge from our motorbike and install it in the cabin. It is a large one and works very well. I can hardly to get moved into a bigger kitchen. I love to cook and have the majority of my kitchen stuff in storage. After living in an RV for a year and a half an 8x12 kitchen will seem huge, lol. Well it's time for morning tea. I hope all you ladies have a great day. As soon as we can get a pen and coop built I think we've decided to get a couple of guineas to reduce our tick population. I have to admit I dread hearing their squawking but hopefully it will be better that picking off ticks every day.

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 23 May 2013 10:19

oh yes guineas are excellent for tick and bug control and are good watchdogs! lol

kids and I did Civil War reenacting for 3 years too. this is the best way to teach history. even the girls dressed up like a man and shot the guns in the battles.
we were Confederates. we also love the balls.
most of the equipment and clothing we purchased from other reenactors.
one time we were at a large event and at the ball that night hey young girl was there for the first time but had no dress. she wanted to dance so much. I took her behind one of the vehicles and took my dress off and put it on her. I had shorts and t-shirt underneath.
I did not know her but I know desire when I see it.
she couldn't wait to get out in the ball and dance! she dance and dance and danced all night! it did my heart good to see her enjoying it so much.

everyone have a good weekend and don't let anyone or anything get in the way too much of fulfilling your dreams.
hugs to all of you ladies

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 23 May 2013 10:23

PS about guineas: if you are able to get them as kits or babies, they will attach to your property and never leave. if you get them after they are about 3 months old they will try to return to their former home. not always but the older they are it is more likely they will try to do this. if they are babies they will imprint themselves on your property. I know this from experience. the older ones I got would wander and leave. the babies never did. they would purchase on the top of my "cabin" lol

. 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.