Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / surprise places u found
cabingal3
# Posted: 12 May 2013 07:02

me and Gary O were going to get ant bombs for carpenter ants this weekend when at the cabin.
we stopped at this little bo-dunk gas station with a few(very few)items to purchase in the place.a bit of pepto,tums and an orange or maybe juice.a bag of chips.well i mentioned their pinecone wreath up above the fireplace.the fella told us to follow him.he took us into the back room of the place.there was a whole room of deliteful handmade crafts.the biggest pinecone wreaths i have ever seen.all kinds of pinecone crafts.the little shop was a delite and such a surprise.got me to wondering what else is about near our woods we dont know about.sort of exciting to think we will get to live there soon and explore.
what are some surprise places u have found near your cabin?

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 12 May 2013 07:43 - Edited by: Grandma Off Grid

There is an old cemetery up the road. it has some civil war soldiers and World War 1 graves. there are a field of fresh berries to pick. it is a peaceful place 2 meditate. and a reminder of why we should not tarry to live our dreams. A "Dead Poets" grassy hill in a small woods..

cabingal3
# Posted: 12 May 2013 08:15

thats one i had not thought of is cemeterys around our neck of the woods.there is a logging museum near us.a cowboy resturant i am dying to go to but i dont want to spend the money cause i hear its pretty costly.we are always so busy working at the woods... and wanting to spend our monies on building.we dont always get to search about for interesting things .we will get to when we retire there though.

KSalzwedel
# Posted: 12 May 2013 16:34

I have spent summers working on our property and not exploring (deliberately). I wanted to keep the mystery for when we move in permanently.

cabingal3
# Posted: 12 May 2013 17:48

Quoting: KSalzwedel
I wanted to keep the mystery for when we move in permanently.

this is what i am trying to do exactly.thats funny.we just stumbled upon this little cute back room craft store.i just cant wait to move.

hattie
# Posted: 12 May 2013 23:16 - Edited by: hattie

We found this building with a sign "Alex's Restaurant - A Division of Ken's Kitchen" out in the bush one day a few years back. It is only accessible by ATV. We have since returned and they have replaced the broken glass and painted it up nice. It is a prospector's cabin.

The other photo is something we found and have no idea what it is. Probably something to do with mining, but we don't know for sure. There is an old claim down the hill from it.
Alex_Email.jpg
Alex_Email.jpg
IMG_0924.JPG
IMG_0924.JPG

cabingal3
# Posted: 13 May 2013 04:09

here is a place i want to eat at.it says no credit card,no debit,no kidding.so i guess it means just cash.
hattie.sure would love to go to that place to eat.
cowboy resturant
cowboy resturant

countryred
# Posted: 13 May 2013 09:56

In the small town near our Ozark property we were checking out the local hardware store and it turns out they had a really good fishing tackle section. I was surprised and happy.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.