Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / so excited
cabingal3
# Posted: 22 May 2013 06:53

we use to live next to some people and we told them about the property down in our woods.they came and went and bought.all these years they have only been out there a couple of times.well they are there now and we are gonna be there too.it will be so good to see them again.
they are sleeping in their car and have the burn barrel we gave them-ablazing.its suppose to snow in our woods today.
i am excited for them to find out what they can build and do with no permits.
they are making a drive and clearing off about 5 years of fallen trees and woods.
it will be really nice to live close by each other again...
have u ever had friends come and purchase property by u and get a place to live going?its sure nice.

cabingal3
# Posted: 22 May 2013 09:39

ew.snow in the pass.hoping it will go away by tomorrow.
snowing in the pass
snowing in the pass

trollbridge
# Posted: 22 May 2013 13:16

It's pretty cabi

I'm kinda the opposite. When I go away to our cabin, I want to get away from everyone around here. Lol.

I guess good friends would be okay, but for the most part, that is my time to clear my mind and forget about the world back at home.

I was actually kinda nervous that we would buy our land and then keep running into people we know from home. I get enough "small town non-anonymity" as it is. So many people have cabins and do head north on the weekends. Luckily it hasn't been an issue, mostly because we are further north than most people seem to go.

Now you know.............I'm really a hermit at heart

cabingal3
# Posted: 22 May 2013 17:41 - Edited by: cabingal3

Quoting: trollbridge
I'm kinda the opposite. When I go away to our cabin, I want to get away from everyone around here. Lol.

hey tb-i am the same.its me and gars haven...but so excited to see this couple finally doing some thing with their property
Quoting: trollbridge
Now you know.............I'm really a hermit at heart

me too gf.when gar left me at the cabin last time we went ...for hours on end.i was so happy-i worked out there.got a bath-crocheted and enjoyed nature so much.sitting out side.i know this couple is broke.he got some horrid disease a few years back and i thought he was gonna die.nope.i am so happy they are out there.we cant really physically help them.they are younger than us.gars gonna be 65 next b.d.we can barely do our stuff...but i told them if they want a shelter on their property.they can haul our little red building over on skids if they want.usually i really like to just be out alone with gar.we are so busy working the land and building.we really dont have time.last time our neighbors invited us to a pot luck.we are only there so little u know.hugs cabi

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 22 May 2013 19:52

I'm also a hermit. I come from a long line of them. The nearest neighbor is far enough away that we can't hear each other. We actually met on The Cottage Living forum! His page name was the same as a place near our cabin. He and his wife are our nearest neighbors! If not for that web site I don't think we would have met since his camp is tucked away!

trollbridge
# Posted: 22 May 2013 19:57

Quoting: silverwaterlady
We actually met on The Cottage Living forum!

How cool is that??! Small world, huh?

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 22 May 2013 19:59

Yes it is!

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 22 May 2013 20:03

It really is when you see a photo posted of your land from somebody you never met. His view is about 1/4 of our land.

trollbridge
# Posted: 22 May 2013 20:10

wow, you must have been surprised!

great magazine btw...I really enjoy that one

How was your place after being closed up all winter? No damage, I hope. It's good to see you back here

trollbridge
# Posted: 22 May 2013 20:13

I read that you got caught up in that same storm that hit OK. What state did you have to drive through it? What a tragedy

cabingal3
# Posted: 22 May 2013 20:52

well gals.at our woods.most nobody comes around.the closest neighbor is an acre away...most leave all alone.to me...it does not pay to get too close.
most mountain people want to be left alone.thats why they are up there.hee hee.hiding.thats us.none of our kids have seen our place even.
not anyone.just these two that got land over a couple of roads away.
our other friends out there.mel is 86 or so and his old wife.aw.so funny and cute.he runs around barefoot with his shirt open.so so funny.

Grandma Off Grid
# Posted: 22 May 2013 21:01

hermits unite!

same here don't mind company once in awhile but enjoy the peace and quiet

cabingal3
# Posted: 22 May 2013 21:10

Quoting: Grandma Off Grid
hermits unite!

same here don't mind company once in awhile but enjoy the peace and quiet

ha ha ha.amen to that one! thats it exactly Grandma Off Grid.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 22 May 2013 21:30

TB-I drove through AR and TX. Since I drive at night it is really hard to see funnel clouds. I look for them through the flashes of lightning. If my ears pop(that only happened once) I get afraid.

My Husband drove to Dallas. He had to stop because it was hailing so hard he could not see. I drive through OK all the time. I feel so bad for the people in Moore.

trollbridge
# Posted: 22 May 2013 23:02

Me too...it's terrible.
You stay safe out there on the road. Better to pull over and wait it out than to take chances. I know you're a careful driver

How was your cabin after closing up for the winter?

cabingal3
# Posted: 23 May 2013 08:37

snow at the pass and a lite dusting of snow at our woods but we have clear roads so heading out to camp.will be happy to get out of dodge.our friends left.stayed one day.too cold.
see everyone when we get back.i envy everyone who already lives at their cabin.
snow
snow

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 23 May 2013 20:28

TB-It's not easy to park a semi just anywhere. I am prohibited from parking on ramps and all the rest areas and truck stops are full at night. I keep on driving. Slow down and carry on. I have over one million miles of safe driving and just got my 10 year consecutive safe driver award.

Our cabin made it through another tough Canidian winter. We haven't been up there since last summer. Our son lives nearby and keeps an eye on everything so we have no worries.

Cabingal3-Have fun at your cabin! Do you have a way to keep warm?

cabingal3
# Posted: 27 May 2013 07:50

I have over one million miles of safe driving and just got my 10 year consecutive safe driver award.

u drive truck silverwaterlady?thats amazing.congrats on the safe driver award.very wonderful.
Our son lives nearby and keeps an eye on everything so we have no worries.

wow.how nice is this??
Cabingal3-Have fun at your cabin! Do you have a way to keep warm?

we do gal.thank u.we have a big buddy heater.it pretty much blows us out of the cabin.glad your cabin made it thru the tuff winter.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.