Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Have a question on youth ATV?
neb
# Posted: 2 Jun 2013 18:26

I was wondering if anyone has a small 125cc or in that range ATV? I was wondering if they would carry a average adult in and out to cabin? These machines are very light (240 lbs or less) and would be easy for me to load and unload. I can always drive in but I don't like to rut up the road when it is muddy. If you have driven one or own one would it work? This would all be flat land so that wouldn't be an issue. Any thoughts and I do have a 500 but it is heavy and big and this small one would fit easy in the box of a small pickup. Thoughts?

Gregjman
# Posted: 2 Jun 2013 18:39 - Edited by: Gregjman

I bought a 83 Honda atc 185 three wheeler for 250$. I've hauled everything on my site slightly uphill about 200' pulling a small garden trailer. Last weekend was 25 loads of gravel. Works awesome. Fits in the back of my ford explorer sport trac and I can load it by myself.

You wouldn't think it would be big enough to handle much and I'm sure it will hit its breaking point but I've been nothing but surprised with it so far.

Hope that is good info as its size is somewhat comparable to what you're describing.
My buddy and his dog
My buddy and his dog

neb
# Posted: 2 Jun 2013 18:53

Yep that would do! I just need something small to load and unload and a ride don't care how fast it goes. LOL

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 2 Jun 2013 19:00

I bought a 90 made by Adly they make the Polaris youth atv. I bought it for the grandkids, but I do use it. I've dragged in deer with it and used it from time to for other chores. Frankly even though I'm 6'1'' and 220, I like it.

neb
# Posted: 2 Jun 2013 19:21

Owen I won't tell anyone. LOL That is what I needed to know! Most of them are less then 250 lbs so it would make it easy for me to load and unload. Do you think it would do fine in some muddy conditions and that it would rut up the raod?

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 2 Jun 2013 22:30

Not so bad. Probably no worse than walking over the same spot many times. I also have my mothers little 110 Honda three wheeler. And since my last post, I bought my sister's Yamaha 250 two wheel drive Timberwolf, $800. She passed away last fall. I still believe in walking. I can hear things, but there are times that you need to haul.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.