Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Grandkids............
OwenChristensen
# Posted: 20 Jun 2013 19:13

I've got to talk about them. Maybe you have some pictures to share or stories to tell. The cabin has come alive again because of them. My own kids loved the cabin. We spent a lot of time there, building swings, tree forts, dirt biking, hunting and target practice. They brought friends and they always had a lot to do. BUT then they got married and were too busy to come. Thank goodness in only five to ten years , it's all back doubled. With the new generation, and there's nine of them, not just four.
cycle ride
cycle ride
target practice
target practice
camp fire
camp fire
swing
swing

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 20 Jun 2013 19:37 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

I've got 4, oldest is my grandaugther, she is 171/2 now. Honor student. Second is 15 now, he was our motocross racer. 3rd is a grandson also, he is 11 and a nerd, and a total brain. Doctor material here. Sharp as a tack. Loves gold mining, metal detecting and now he is studying for his ham radio license. I will mentor him along on that. Youngest is from my other daughter, she is 4.

Owen, is that a 1971 Honda SL175? I had one of those. My dad bought it brand new. It was a light blue color.

Here is my grandson ripping it up on his race bike:

We have sold all of these bikes now and I got him a KTM 250SX/F now.

All my other grandkids pictures are on a remote hard drive and dont have access to them now.
On his KTM 65
On his KTM 65
On his KTM 50
On his KTM 50
On his KTM 85
On his KTM 85
On his KTM 105
On his KTM 105

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 20 Jun 2013 19:48 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

His current bike, I have no pix of him on it. I just bought it.

I am headed over to the cabin tomorrow, when I get back, I'll post up pixs of the rest of my grand-babies.
ktm250sxf_004.jpg
ktm250sxf_004.jpg
Grandpas machine KTM 300XC-W
Grandpas machine KTM 300XC-W

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 20 Jun 2013 20:02

Wow he looks good. I'll have to show my oldest grandson the pics. of the KTM, he's nuts over them. My son 37 has been running AMA hare scrambles. I didn't think it was a good idea, and Tues night at practice he crashed and broke is ankle in three places, surgery is coming.
That's a '71 CL 175, good eye.
gavin
gavin
''D''
''D''
rest
rest
overhaul
overhaul

bobrok
# Posted: 20 Jun 2013 22:10

Well, Mr. Owen, it's taken your mention of the magic word "grandkids" to bring me back. I haven't had anything cabin-y that I'd consider worthwhile posting in some time, but I don't mind saying that since I became a 1st-time grandfather in January I have realized the fullness, richness and miracle that is seeing and holding your own children's children. Although she lives some 700 miles from us we have managed to spend, since she was born in mid-January, almost 8 weeks enjoying her over three visits so far; and plenty more to come. I love that little baby girl so much that I would be willing to give up my cabin here in NY and move to be closer to her. At this time I can only imagine what joy it must be to have a whole brood of grandkids swarming all over my little cabin, camping out, fishing, hiking, and so forth.
my absolute favorite photo
my absolute favorite photo
never too early to shop for that 1st truck
never too early to shop for that 1st truck
gonna built me a small cabin!
gonna built me a small cabin!

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 21 Jun 2013 07:18

Nice, I'll bet grandpa can get her a pink truck.

cabingal3
# Posted: 22 Jun 2013 07:01

Quoting: bobrok
bobrok

Quoting: bobrok
I love that little baby girl so much that I would be willing to give up my cabin here in NY and move to be closer to her

thats the magic of grandparents and grandkids.lol.such great pics.thank u for sharing.and congrats for being a grandpa.
what a cutie.
great pics by all.i sure enjoyed them.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 22 Jun 2013 20:32

^What cabingal3 said^.

I have not been blessed with human grandchildren yet. Here are my grandsons. They are both rescue dogs. DeNero on the left and Chewy on the right.

Chewy was found by my daughter. She was coming home late one night, a few blocks from her house he ran in front of her car. She came very close to hitting him. She got home and her husband was in the backyard with DeNero who shows up a few minutes later? The dog my daughter almost hit! The next week they tried to find the owner. Never did. So Chewy became grandson number two.
DeNero & Chewy
DeNero & Chewy

bobrok
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 11:17

Rescue dogs are the best! This is my granddaugbter on her 5 month birthday relaxing with Link, her 'big brother' and a rescue dog who was pulled from a dumpster as a puppy. He protects her like you wouldn't believe. I have no idea how mom got a 5 month old to wave at the camera!???!
Happy li'l girl
Happy li'l girl

trollbridge
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 12:17

Hey bobrok,
No surprise to me that you are enjoying being a grandpa glad to see you checking in.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.