Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Cabin Time Capsule
hattie
# Posted: 8 Jul 2013 13:14

I was curious if any others have placed a time capsule in their cabin? We put one in the wall of our bathroom before we closed it up. It is a small box with some coins and photos of us and our family. We also put in a little explanation of who we are, the date, etc.

Has anyone else done this? What did you put in your time capsule? What did you use as a time capsule?

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 8 Jul 2013 19:27 - Edited by: skootamattaschmidty

Thanks for your thread Hattie because you just reminded me of a time capsule at our cabin. About 10 years ago when my uncle owned the cabin we redid the front porch. Before we closed it in we put together a time capsule and put it underneath in a sealed container. I forgot all about it until you just mentioned it. I don't even remember what we put in it anymore but I think my kids each put a note in it and we put a newspaper from the day and a few other things.
When re redid the flooring a few years ago I wrote some messages on the plywood subfloor as well.
I think a time capsule is a great idea, especially if you are able to hand down your cabin to your children.

MJW
# Posted: 8 Jul 2013 19:31

Not exactly a time capsule but before we closed up the landing to the loft stairs my wife wrote a letter telling a little about us and the building of our place and placed it inside.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 8 Jul 2013 20:14

Yes , we did. Each kid wrote what they wanted on the walls between the studs before we paneled.

ericfromcowtown
# Posted: 10 Jul 2013 08:50

Cool! I love this idea.

countrygirl
# Posted: 10 Jul 2013 10:44

This is a cool idea. I'm going to do this for sure.

jrbarnard
# Posted: 10 Jul 2013 13:43

I lost a shoe at my ranch once....does that count?;)

R

hattie
# Posted: 10 Jul 2013 21:10

Quoting: jrbarnard
I lost a shoe at my ranch once....does that count?;)

hehehe....you can be someone will find it one day and think it is a real treasure. *LOL* A friend of ours who was pouring cement for the foundation of our windmill lost a glove in the cement. Someone will find it one day and wonder how it got there.

neb
# Posted: 10 Jul 2013 22:05

Not at the cabin but our home we did. We have some writings in the kitchen walls. It is a cool thing to do.

Montanagirl
# Posted: 10 Jul 2013 22:13 - Edited by: Montanagirl

Love the idea of a time capsule! We keep a journal recording guests, wildlife and projects completed. . .I also add photos. It makes for some fun reading years down the road. www.journalsunlimited.com/shop/Lodge-a-cabin-journal

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.