Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Come on Fall, please hurry up!
tnky03
# Posted: 10 Sep 2013 20:38

It was over 90 degrees here in KY today and this gal has been melting! I am so very ready for the weather to cool down. Speaking of which... on the news tonight they said that this Thurs. and Fri. evening it is to be in low 50's and possibly in the 40's. OK, bring it on, I can find a jacket if needed, lol.

Today I planted a late lettuce, spinach, radish and kale bed in my garden. Hopefully, later this week I can get some turnips planted as well.

Hubby got all the gas lines ran and hooked up for our propane to be delivered this week. We will use that for cooking and for heat this winter. He has also been working on wiring all the plug ins, as I install the covers (LOL, a hard job but someone must do it).

Listening to owls tonight, love the night sounds in the country!
Fall bed for green salads
Fall bed for green salads

MJW
# Posted: 11 Sep 2013 10:08

You got that right!

Mid 90's all week so far here in south central MO but the cool front is coming this Friday with high temps in the upper 70's to low 80's.

Hang in there...

We can't wait for Fall!

Rossman
# Posted: 11 Sep 2013 13:25

Yeah, bit of a heat wave i guess...yesterday / today are crazy hot & humid here in southern Ontario...*sigh*

Bring back the fall!

Kudzu
# Posted: 11 Sep 2013 15:47

Melting in Mississippi.

trollbridge
# Posted: 11 Sep 2013 18:55

By August I admit I am most always ready for summer to take it's final bow and leave the stage....sometimes, like when I was pregnant last summer, I was standing with the gaff hook behind the curtain, I just couldn't wait for the heat to leave! Now being September, I am very ready to be done with the 90 degree temps! I will admit I have enjoyed countless summer nights out on my walks-warm, sultry nights under the stars but I know the crisp fall evenings promise to be just as spectacular

SwampBillies
# Posted: 11 Sep 2013 20:55

Fall is one of the things I miss most about not living in the mountains. I can't wait to get back.

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 11 Sep 2013 23:58

Bite your tongue Trollbridge...you know what's in store for us for the next 9 months! I had my heat on in July this year...it can stay summer until Dec 31st!

tnky03
# Posted: 13 Sep 2013 00:32

Nice, comfortable evening tonight. The temps are cooling. There has been rain all around us but none here. So sorry to hear of all the bad flooding out CO way. Crazy weather.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.