Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Help with a name (ski club)
SandyR
# Posted: 25 Oct 2013 11:29

I am starting a ski club this year and I have everything but a name for the club.

Anyone have any ideas?

Martian
# Posted: 25 Oct 2013 11:43

Is it a women's group, men's group, or mixed?

How do you like SkiTattles for a group that talks about things other than skiing?

SandyR
# Posted: 25 Oct 2013 13:58

It's aimed at homeschooling families like ours, but it is open to anyone that wants to go whether it's our neighbors that live next door or my friend that wants to ski while her kids are in school.
I am starting it up because the price is SO good and we really need a day to go during the week when it's not crowded. Standing in line on weekends is no fun.

SkiTattles? Did you make that up just now?

Martian
# Posted: 25 Oct 2013 22:46 - Edited by: Martian

Quoting: SandyR
SkiTattles? Did you make that up just now?

Yes. Why?

Okay. Here's another one for you, "Mogul Moms". You're training future moguls, you ski moguls, and you are mom's! Chances are, you're as sweet as M&M's, too.

Tom

bldginsp
# Posted: 26 Oct 2013 00:41

I second 'Mogul Moms'

trollbridge
# Posted: 26 Oct 2013 09:09

SandyR....keep Martian going on ideas....He has a creative mind and I'm sure is full of lots of memorable, creative names like the two he has already come up with

speaking of moguls...I once found myself "unintentionally" skiing a mogul hill....it didn't go so well

Martian
# Posted: 26 Oct 2013 09:23

Quoting: trollbridge
SandyR....keep Martian going on ideas....He has a creative mind and I'm sure is full of lots of memorable, creative names like the two he has already come up with

Tom

Truecabin
# Posted: 26 Oct 2013 10:12

mom bombs

razmichael
# Posted: 26 Oct 2013 10:44

Why does it need to be' Moms'!

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 26 Oct 2013 14:57

Ski Mums.

Martian
# Posted: 26 Oct 2013 18:55 - Edited by: Martian

Lets go at this from a different tack. Forgetting the sex of the members, how does "Snow Learners" sound? Or "Snow Pack"? Or "Snow and Tell"

Tom

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 26 Oct 2013 20:57

CheapSkis.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 26 Oct 2013 21:05

Powder Puffs (powder as in fresh fallen snow)

SandyR
# Posted: 26 Oct 2013 22:07

Quoting: Truecabin
mom bombs

Lol that reminds me when we had our babies and the kids would nurse instantly to sleep and my husband David used to say they were milk bombs.

SandyR
# Posted: 26 Oct 2013 22:10

Quoting: trollbridge
speaking of moguls...I once found myself "unintentionally" skiing a mogul hill....it didn't go so well

I too have found myself a couple of times on moguls by mistake and I only snowboard. It is really hard to get through them on a board. It didn't make a difference if it was 20 years ago and I was just learning, or now.

SandyR
# Posted: 26 Oct 2013 22:19

Thanks Tom for all of your suggestions! I have a story about how I came up with a name this afternoon. I live in Western NY.

I let the dog out to do her business and while I was waiting for her to finish a few birds that I have never seen flew close to where I was standing and just sat there looking at me. Now, I have never seen that kind of bird before in my life. I called the kids over to look and my oldest said it looked like a deranged robin ( totally colorblind kid ). I said I thought it may be a bluebird. So I googled North American bluebirds and sure enough they were bluebirds. They had red bellies and blue/purple coats. Cutest things.

So my name is - Bluebird Ski Club. Maybe it was an omen?

Martian
# Posted: 26 Oct 2013 23:34

Sounds like an omen to me!

Tom

SE Ohio
# Posted: 27 Oct 2013 17:13

Skidkids!

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 27 Oct 2013 23:06

plankers, ie 2 planks or snowboards, 1 plank.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.