Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Facebook
ErinsMom
# Posted: 2 Jan 2014 22:32

Just wondering, how many members are on Facebook? My husband fussed daily that our daughter spend too much time there while in high school. But, at age 65, he discovered Facebook and reconnected with many high school friends he hadn't seen or heard from in years...

Just
# Posted: 2 Jan 2014 22:55

i am there only to keep up to date with what my grand kids are up to. i do not accept new friend requests.at least you know their friends names .

spoofer
# Posted: 3 Jan 2014 07:27

me

cabingal3
# Posted: 3 Jan 2014 09:01

me too .I have a crochet group on fb and belong to a lot of knit/crochet groups,survivalist groups and homestead groups ErinsMom.
I hated fb for so long.now I have gotten into it full force.garyo is does not like it at all.alot are like this.

Oowasa
# Posted: 3 Jan 2014 10:01

I am on. The teens I work with are on and it is a HUGE means of communication with them. It's a great way to stay in touch, but also a great way to put out tons of information you don't want out.

I keep mine tightly locked down (high restrictions) and do not let our 14 and 13 year old on at this point.

Might be a good idea to have a Small Cabin page? Lol!

naturelover66
# Posted: 3 Jan 2014 18:57

I love facebook. Small cabin facebook is a great idea !!

SandyR
# Posted: 3 Jan 2014 20:35

I have never done it, and never will. I think it's silly.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 3 Jan 2014 20:43 - Edited by: silverwaterlady

I have reunited with long lost cousins and classmates on FB. I keep track of my loved ones and we post photos that we otherwise would have never seen.

I am the administrator of a FB tribute page honoring my Great Grandfather and have made contacts with relatives with his last name from the USA and France. They also posted photos of him I had never seen from WW1 and photos of my Great Grandmother. I had never seen a photo of her as she died young and my Great Grandfather remarried. Also, photos of my Grandmother as a baby and her siblings. I am the family historian so this was really amazing to me.

naturelover66
# Posted: 3 Jan 2014 20:59

Thats Great Silverwaterlady...... thats half the reason im on facebook too..... Nice way to communicate with people far away.

cabingal3
# Posted: 4 Jan 2014 13:38

yes ladies it Is a nice way to keep in touch.my son and dil live in southern Oregon.i get to have photos of the new grandbaby.since I am not near.its very nice.
then I went on a hunt to find old long lost family members.found my aunt I had not heard from since I was ten years old.
it is wonderful.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 4 Jan 2014 15:34

ole FAKEbook as I tell the wife........LOL

I start to tell her something ....and she replies I heard it on facebook...oh geeeeezzzzze...LOL

Salty Craig
# Posted: 4 Jan 2014 22:13

I never have. Huge waste of time. I like it here.... Almost can relate to everything. Status; tired #hadtwitterforawhile #itstinkstoo #lol

Salty Craig

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 5 Jan 2014 00:02 - Edited by: silverwaterlady

Yes, You can see from my comment on the" wasted time" or how "silly" being on FB. I made social media work for me not against me.

cabingal3
# Posted: 5 Jan 2014 01:52

well I felt the same so long about facebook.
but I post patterns and things us gals make in our group.its fun and if someone needs a pattern.i go on a hunt for it for them.
it is fun.i don't play any games anywhere.i don't have time.i have almost 20 pages of request for people wanting to play games .I did try Farmville.i planted crops and got some farm animals.i went back after a long time.my crops had died and the animals had run away.where I don't know.i went to someone elses farm and it was all lush and lots of people walking about the farm.i walked around too.i did not know where I was walking to or why.i went back to my farm.decided no more of that kind of farming.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 5 Jan 2014 09:32 - Edited by: silverwaterlady

LOL,cabingal3. I'm betting that you have a green thumb away from FarmVille.

cabingal3
# Posted: 5 Jan 2014 10:04

Silverwaterlady.hee hee.u are pretty close to right on the green thumb outside of Farmville.ha ha.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.