Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Any Farmers out there?
<< . 1 . 2 .
neb
# Posted: 6 Apr 2014 22:52

TH>> Gotcha and good luck to you also. Is the snow gone in the northern camp??

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 7 Apr 2014 06:47

Quoting: neb
Is the snow gone in the northern camp??

no Sir....they are still sledding up there..have 8 foot drifts in my door yard up there...talked to a neighbor up there yesterday...said they might be sledding into JUNE

I going up in June..... weather permitting

Salty Craig
# Posted: 1 Aug 2014 21:34

Yep. Here's a picture of my wheat getting combined several weeks ago.
Harvest time
Harvest time

neb
# Posted: 1 Aug 2014 21:50

Nice stand of wheat. What state Salty Craig?

Just
# Posted: 1 Aug 2014 22:33

grand son's first year operating the combine , I was a proud papa ' 8 th generation on the same land .
100_3057.JPG
100_3057.JPG

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 2 Aug 2014 00:09

With my 40 acres of timberland and getting the "timber tax" break on it ($32 for 20 acres) my state considers me a timber farmer and I'm supplying the community with "wood fiber", even if there is no harvest planned (used to be required) they realize old growth is also beneficial to the community (their words)

So technically, I am a farmer and I call my place the Double J Ranch.

neb
# Posted: 2 Aug 2014 11:30

Just
I bet u are a good teacher. The land has been good for your family and something to be very proud of!

Salty Craig
# Posted: 2 Aug 2014 23:02

neb
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. I only farm 21 acres. So technically its a hobby farm. 8 years ago I sold my poultry operation, but enjoy farming enough that I kept one field so I could raise my kids "on a farm". We build a house up on top of the hill and love living out in the country. The kids have 2 miniature horses and an alpaca that they tend to. We also keep a few chickens around. Since our " farm" isn't a real operation, we are able to go to our cabin 3.5 hours away without worrying about things. If things go south in this country, we are grateful that we have enough land and knowledge to sustain ourselves. We garden and can. Also raise our own beef occasionally. I enjoy goats but don't have any now.

Salty Craig

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 5 Aug 2014 10:39

Quoting: Salty Craig
Yep. Here's a picture of my wheat getting combined several weeks ago.

Salty, very nice looking area, almost looks like its right out of the hidden valley ranch dressing commerical.

Salty Craig
# Posted: 5 Aug 2014 21:38

toyota_mdt_tech
Thanks for the compliment!! We live in a beautiful area. I still prefer the cabin. Can't see a thing but trees and the occasional bald eagle overhead. We have a 20 mile view from our house.

Salty Craig

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.