Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / The fire in Quebec is very sad
neb
# Posted: 26 Jan 2014 17:11

I have been following the story and I really feel for the people involved. The weather hasn't been good for the search.

hattie
# Posted: 26 Jan 2014 21:14

It was a terrible disaster. I am shocked that they weren't required to have sprinklers in the entire building. The sprinklers were only in the new part of the nursing home. I heard on the news today that the firefighters refused to go inside (even with all their gear), so some policemen went into the burning building with no protective equipment and saved some people. They should get medals for their bravery!!!

Quebec certainly has had its share of disasters between this and the train explosion that took out most of a town.

neb
# Posted: 26 Jan 2014 21:33

Hattie>>Exactly. I believe the sprinkler system would of saved lives but wasn't manitory in this type of facility. A small town I believe must have touched many people that live there.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.