Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Spring has come in a hurry!
neb
# Posted: 11 Mar 2014 19:39 - Edited by: neb

Flooding is going to get bad here tonight and for the next few days. Here is a video of how wild this will get,
Not sure if this will work. http://s58.photobucket.com/user/neb33/media/Flooding_zps8b3945a0.mp4.html

SandyR
# Posted: 11 Mar 2014 22:06

Listen to our weather....

It was 56 degrees here today.
We are under another blizzard warning for tomorrow and the Buffalo airport has already canceled the flights for tomorrow as of this morning.
Thursday, lake effect snow and 5 degrees.
Friday, 45 degrees and sunny.

I think mother nature went on vacation and left father time in charge! Someone doesn't know what they are doing!

neb
# Posted: 12 Mar 2014 21:41

Well the flooding has started. My cabin is in good shape and no flooding I'm up high enough. My sons shack is most likely under water. No way in to it now. There is three family's that are surrounded by water and they are going to stay. I talked to one of them today and he said they are fine and have plenty of grub. Phone still work and power is on for them. I pray all goes well and not to much damage happens after water goes down.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 13 Mar 2014 10:16

Neb...wow...good video..is that the river you catfish at??....
scary being surrounded by water....I would come out an go back in after if receded.
It was 70 deg her Tuesday night at 9 PM....and this morning is was 32deg...unreal
plum trees/peach trees/ blueberries in my yard are in full bloom.

naturelover66
# Posted: 13 Mar 2014 17:40

Well, we had 8 " of the fluffy stuff fall yesterday. Spring is taking its sweet time . ��

neb
# Posted: 13 Mar 2014 19:05

Th>>> yep that is the river I cat fish on but down stream about 8 miles. I was just in this place to check on some line we have to see if the poles would be in ok. It will be a while before we can get to the cabin and see what is left. The damage is done by ice cubes that are as big and a full size truck. The sound of this ice jamming is unreal.
TH>>>> is the fruit trees going to produce and fruit?

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 13 Mar 2014 19:26

Quoting: neb
TH>>>> is the fruit trees going to produce and fruit?

yes Sir.....can and freeze and eat them fresh as well....
hope your Son's cabin is OK..keep us posted

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.