Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / public use library
mongo1
# Posted: 14 Jun 2014 13:55

I have a public library about 10 miles from the cabin that I use now and then.My son and I are here now using the computers and catching up on news.I have no electric at the cabin and seldom turn on the radio.I had to make a run in for ice and gas for the generator to do some work so what the heck.Something that is useful and free.AWESOME-have a fantastic day!!!!!!!!!Mongo

bobrok
# Posted: 14 Jun 2014 15:05

I know the feeling too well. Before I sold my business and retired I would pack up all my paperwork and my computer and cell phone(s)and lug them up to the cabin.

Of course the computer didn't work at the cabin so I had to go to town some 10 miles away to use the library's free wi-fi.

Of course there was no cell phone service in the town where I used the library's free wi-fi so I had to carefully document any phone calling I wanted to do and wait until we got back to the cabin to use the cell phone.

Then I had to determine which of the 2 phones I had was working better on that particular day in order to make my calls. I had Verizon and AT&T phones and there were towers for both within a few miles but neither was terribly reliable.

Then a customer had a question or a problem. Yeah, this is the cabin where the computer didn't work. So it was back to use the free wi-fi at the library in town.

Then I thought I'd get smart and I bought 2 different computer air cards to use with the almost cell signal at the cabin. Whoopee! I could have used a carrier pigeon for faster service.

You talk about going to the cabin to relax? Yeah, that experience gives a whole new meaning to this

...and to this

People ask me why I retired. HA!

bob

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.