Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Power washer
Smawgunner
# Posted: 1 Jul 2014 20:24

Kinda off topic, but I need to power wash the logs of our cabin and we have no water that is pressured. Does a power washer need pressurized water to work? My guess is yes, that it simply won't "pull" water from a rain barrel for example but I'm not sure. Anyone try this?

bobrok
# Posted: 1 Jul 2014 20:38

I am in the process of selecting a replacement electric power washer and have been doing quite a bit of research.
Are you looking for gas or electric? If electric I could offer some info that I've found.
bob

Smawgunner
# Posted: 1 Jul 2014 22:07

I've got an electric one and a generator to run it, just no pressurized water.

bobrok
# Posted: 2 Jul 2014 09:21

Some of the better electrics have siphoning capability. I'd check the manual/specs on your particular unit. I'm probably going with one of the Karcher 2000 psi models because of its siphoning capability, among other features.
Otherwise you will have to have a constant pressurized delivery to your unit or you will ruin it pretty quickly.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.