Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / YEAH, BABY! Bring it on!
bobrok
# Posted: 17 Nov 2014 17:25

Got out of there just in time this afternoon!
Sure as shootin' we'll be the focus on Weather Channel, if not already.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/11/dangerous_lake_effect_snow_blizzard_la ke_ontario.html#incart_m-rpt-2

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 17 Nov 2014 18:20 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

Just toss another log onto the fire and make some hot chocolate, wrap up in a nice snuggy comforter (red plaid type) and have the dog coil up on the throw rug by the fire.

It would almost looks like something from a Thomas Kincaid painting.

PatrickH
# Posted: 17 Nov 2014 20:19

WOW,thats a lot of snow 5 inches an hour,no thanks we get the lake effect off of Superior where I'm at it can be sunny and 75 drive towards the lake and the temp drops 20 degrees with rain and fog it's creepy sometimes how extremely different the weather can be.Be safe, our last snowfall
last week took 4 lives.

SandyR
# Posted: 17 Nov 2014 22:16

We are right there with ya!! Having a blizzard right now as I type. Calling for 3 feet of snow.

See the map of colored snow amounts? We are just south of Buffalo off of Lake Erie.

Our cabin will get 2-4 inches.

Wilbour
# Posted: 18 Nov 2014 07:33

Would often drive 81 from Ottawa (our home) to Syracuse (inlaws'). Can't imagine how we made it home some times. Man we were brave (crazy). Remember this was before we all bought snow tires, just all seasons.

bobrok
# Posted: 18 Nov 2014 12:01

Quoting: SandyR
We are right there with ya!! Having a blizzard right now as I type. Calling for 3 feet of snow.

See the map of colored snow amounts? We are just south of Buffalo off of Lake Erie.

Gonna be a fun game on Sunday: Jets/Bills @ The Ralph!!!
(I will not be there, no ma'am).

SandyR
# Posted: 18 Nov 2014 16:04

Storm totals for us has been changed to 5-6 feet. Total white out here.

Weird thing is that 50 minutes away they are getting nothing.

If they do end up calling it a blizzard, that would make three for us in 2014.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.