Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / posting photos with an Ipad
AK Seabee
# Posted: 9 Feb 2015 00:55

Hello,
I have been reading the forum sections for a year plus planning and building my cabin. There is a ton of useful information on here. Most of my experience is construction related. None of my experience is computer related. Do any of you folks use an Ipad to surf the forums? If so can you let me know how to post photos?

Thanks in advance!

PA_Bound
# Posted: 10 Feb 2015 19:37 - Edited by: PA_Bound

The picture of my dog attached to this post hasn't a thing to do with the post itself, other than to help me confirm my process works.
My dog, Kenzie
My dog, Kenzie

PA_Bound
# Posted: 10 Feb 2015 19:41

Testing the orientation.
My dog, landscape
My dog, landscape

PA_Bound
# Posted: 10 Feb 2015 19:50

Maybe this time?
IPad held the other way!
IPad held the other way!

PA_Bound
# Posted: 10 Feb 2015 19:51

Seabee... the process is pretty much the same as from a standard web browser, but the picture orientation seems to be tricky.

1. Make sure you Sign In prior to writing your post. Only after you are signed in do you see the option of "Upload file(s)". If you write your post, then sign in as part of posting the message, you will not see the option to upload a picture.

2. As you can see with my tests, picture orientation seems tricky. You have to take the picture in landscape mode, with the iPad held wide, not tall. But, when I do that, every picture seems upside down regardless of which way I hold the iPad. Hmmm... more research required.

More to follow, as I figure this out.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 10 Feb 2015 19:54 - Edited by: silverwaterlady

Ok,I'm on my iPad,(held wide) let's see what happens:
image.jpg
image.jpg

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 10 Feb 2015 19:55

It worked! Did the same thing PA advised.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 10 Feb 2015 19:58

Held tall:
image.jpg
image.jpg

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 10 Feb 2015 20:00 - Edited by: silverwaterlady

Idk why some photos come up sideways. Posting from my iPhone it sometimes happens. I've never posted photos from a laptop.

AK Seabee
# Posted: 10 Feb 2015 23:54

No luck. Thanks for your help Silver Water Lady and PA Bound.
I shall keep trying

AK Seabee
# Posted: 15 Apr 2015 22:53

The first generation ipad did not pan out for posting photos and I honestly forgot about posting the thread until Gary O reminded me.
I am now testing the Samsung tablet.
cabin test
cabin test

AK Seabee
# Posted: 15 Apr 2015 22:55

Still needs work.

Gary O
# Posted: 16 Apr 2015 09:00

Well, you've got me beat.
We've had the #%$*#pad for a few weeks now, and so far the only thing I've managed to do is take several selfies...never realized how many freaking nose hairs I had.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.