Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Suggestions for Multi-Purpose ATV
<< . 1 . 2 .
LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 4 Mar 2015 13:54

Shayna, just a heads-up, a side by side or two-up configuration is not legal on the highways up in our neck of the woods. Totally ridiculous but I do know a bill has been introduced to amend the law. Let's hope

PS ... Look forward to seeing your ride when you host the Annual Small Cabin BBQ :p

Pookie129
# Posted: 4 Mar 2015 14:14

It is totally ridiculous and yes, there has been a recent Bill, Bill 58 Utility Task and All-Terrain Vehicles Act, 2014, and I think feedback needs to be in for April 13th - but in all honesty, I am not a side by side kinda regular rider....I like being in control of my own machine and having minimal commentary from the peanut gallery...(one of the reasons I don't have GPS - I already have too many people telling me what to do all day long as it is...lol, I don't need someone in the car chiming in too..lol).

Hey, if people are serious about the summer BBQ, I am not one to shy away from a party, bbq or drinks for that matter

Pookie129
# Posted: 4 Mar 2015 14:15

and just to clarify - I am in full support of the bill amendment and in people's personal choice to 2 up or roll side by side

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 4 Mar 2015 14:58 - Edited by: toyota_mdt_tech

My state just had a bill making it legal to ride quads on streets, same for golf carts and even off road motorcylces, but you have to hang some lights , horn and mirrors on them, plus a quick inspection. And cities with under 4000 residents can allow even off road ATV's right in town, just require ORV tags, helmet. (Concunully WA was the first) and the county where my cabin is located is the most OHV freindly county in my entire state in addition to the biggest county in the state.

This law includes dirt bikes, SXS quads golf carts....

Pookie129
# Posted: 4 Mar 2015 15:21 - Edited by: Pookie129

in my youth, we made regular (almost weekly) trips to North Carolina/Tennessee to a place called deal's gap / the dragon - motorcycle mecca and we would bore out little bikes (pw50's, sometimes 80's) and we would hang lights and of course wear lights on our helmets and such (not sure if it was legal, a legal requirement or not, but it is what we did to continue night riding and having fun) and we would race up and down the mountain at night (mostly empty except for locals and such) but we would use lights we had mounted on to keep riding until the later hours. During the day we would also use the horns and mirrors we had also affixed to stuff harley's in the corners on said little bikes, which didn't garner us many fans (to which we found out was not legal to ride the pw50's on the dragon, with or without lights, so it was legally irrelevant anyway ..lol).

Ah the good old days

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.