cabingal3
# Posted: 4 Jul 2015 07:37

have a great 4th of july.
be safe out there in all u do.
happyfourthofjuly.jpg
happyfourthofjuly.jpg

Steve_S
# Posted: 4 Jul 2015 08:25

Happy 4th to all our Southern Neighbours ! Party Hardy and have a Great Weekend ! Now step away from the Chainsaw already and fire up the BBQ.

neb
# Posted: 4 Jul 2015 08:53 - Edited by: neb

Happy 4th to all of you also.

Please take a moment today to remember and thank those who pledged their Lives, their Fortunes, and their Sacred Honor to create this nation, and to remember and thank all those who since then have served to protect and defend it and the freedom for which it stands.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 4 Jul 2015 09:09

Quoting: neb
Happy 4th to all of you also.Please take a moment today to remember and thank those who pledged their Lives, their Fortunes, and their Sacred Honor to create this nation, and to remember and thank all those who since then have served to protect and defend it and the freedom for which it stands.

Very TRUE!!!!

Hope all the small cabin folks have a Great 4th!!!

Smoker will be going soon with racks of baby back ribs...
sides include baked taters/baked beans/Cole slaw/Texas toast with homemade butter from the local Amish and sweet tea ...and watermelon for desert;) Some kind of FINE!!!!!

Gary O
# Posted: 4 Jul 2015 09:24

Quoting: turkeyhunter
Smoker will be going soon with racks of baby back ribs...sides include baked taters/baked beans/Cole slaw/Texas toast with homemade butter from the local Amish and sweet tea ...and watermelon for desert;)

My wife will be at the neighbor's shindig

....I'll be helpin' my friend, Turkeyhunter.

Speaking of helpin's...SAVE ME A PLATE, TH!
Platter...save me a platter (ahem)

Salty Craig
# Posted: 4 Jul 2015 09:24

Let's remember that freedom is never free. Happy Independence Day.

Salty Craig

hattie
# Posted: 4 Jul 2015 12:38

Happy 4th of July to all. From your Canadian small cabin buddy!

Kudzu
# Posted: 4 Jul 2015 15:11

Wet and humid here, forgoing the traditional BBQ and we will be having salmon and artichokes. I hope everyone has a great 4th.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 4 Jul 2015 15:50

Quoting: Gary O
....I'll be helpin' my friend, Turkeyhunter.Speaking of helpin's...SAVE ME A PLATE, TH!Platter...save me a platter (ahem)

come on down GaryO......lot's of leftovers..I B FULL.I must take a siesta now!!!! Back up around 6pm..lol

rmak
# Posted: 4 Jul 2015 16:51 - Edited by: rmak

If I had the power I'd bring one of the founding fathers back to life to see what became of us. I often wonder if it would make him happy, sad, mad or would he just shrug and say, "OK, that's how it turned out."

Cookout tomorrow with the kids and in-laws. Featuring rmak's world famous potato salad. Ingredients are a well guarded family secret, but here is part of why it's a raving success. Every solid ingredient has to be close to the same size. Don't overwhelm the other fixings with giant potato pieces! Also, use sliced dill pickles, black and green olives. But that's all I'm devulging. You have to marry into the family to get the rest.

naturelover66
# Posted: 4 Jul 2015 20:44

Happy Fourth!! Be safe. Have fun !!

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 4 Jul 2015 23:16

rmak, I suspect he'd want to lead another revolution, and be kicking some butts in D.C.!

Hope everyone had a great Fourth! We did our main cookout yesterday because my son had to work all day today so I'm just kicking back with the doggies! Fixed a burger and a couple of hotdogs on the tabletop grill on the deck to share with my little buddies. And now they're gathered around, protecting me from the fireworks noises.

To next year, freedom in the forest and cabin living!

cabingal3
# Posted: 5 Jul 2015 08:04

we had the most wonderful july 4th.
we went to visit our woodland neighbors.they had a big feed and lots of people.we had the best time,best food,best company!
what a grand day it was!

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 5 Jul 2015 10:39

Quoting: cabingal3
we had the most wonderful july 4th.we went to visit our woodland neighbors.they had a big feed and lots of people.we had the best time,best food,best company!what a grand day it was!

sounds like a good time was had by all....country folks and dinner on the grounds are the BEST~~I tell ya!!! glad ya'll had a large time!!!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.