Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Howdy-hi from the hospital, grrrr
. 1 . 2 . >>
Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 14 Jul 2015 23:00

Hi cabin friends!
I didn't want circumstances and time to get the better of me as they did earlier this year, causing me to retreat for a time.

I unexpectedly had to have surgery Monday morning to deal with osteomyelitis (a bad bone infection) plus abscesses in the soft tissues, too, after some pretty lousy "care" I received elsewhere a couple of months ago.

I'm a pretty sick gal at the moment and was told today that I'll have to stay in the hospital for 6 weeks for treatment. I have to get a bunch of different antibiotic infusions a couple of times per day, plus blood thinners and other stuff to keep complications away.

If you'd keep me in your thoughts and prayers if you're a praying person, I'd appreciate it! I've got to heal, get strong and fit for next spring. Gosh, will I be ready for a break and a happy, peaceful life! I've told all of my doctors, nurses, and therapists what the goal is so we're all believing and working together.

I'll be reading and posting and checking in with you folks as I'm able!

Ontario lakeside
# Posted: 14 Jul 2015 23:04

Good luck and feel better soon Julie!

smallworks
# Posted: 14 Jul 2015 23:16

Good luck and do whatever it takes to get home.

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 14 Jul 2015 23:17

Thank you, Ontario lakeside!

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 14 Jul 2015 23:48

Thanks, smallworks. Yep, gotta follow the plan! My docs here are great. Wish they could have done the first surgery, then I wouldn't be in this mess!

upndown
# Posted: 15 Jul 2015 00:08

Julie, thoughts and prayers coming your way! Stay positive and get well.

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 15 Jul 2015 00:31

Thanks, upndown, will do! Six weeks without anything to do but think about things I can do with the cabin and read stuff -- yikes!

MtnDon
# Posted: 15 Jul 2015 00:31

I truly hope that is not accompanied by Septicemia (sepsis).

Best of luck.

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 15 Jul 2015 02:09

Quoting: MtnDon
I truly hope that is not accompanied by Septicemia (sepsis). Best of luck.

Thanks, MtnDon! I think we're safe on that so far but all of the tests aren't back.

Gary O
# Posted: 15 Jul 2015 05:30

All the best from Cabi and I.

Mountain air is waitin' fer ya.

Now, Git up here!

Salty Craig
# Posted: 15 Jul 2015 06:22

Julie2Oregon

My prayers for you. Get well.

Craig

creeky
# Posted: 15 Jul 2015 07:48

All happiness and love Julie2.

Pookie129
# Posted: 15 Jul 2015 07:52

Be strong and stay positive Julie, you will be outta there before you know it.

Well wishes and positive thoughts being sent your way.

Take care
Shayna

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 15 Jul 2015 08:06 - Edited by: turkeyhunter

Julie~~~prayer's sent for a speedy recovery!!!
and next spring you can start working on your cabin!!!!

take care!!

rmak
# Posted: 15 Jul 2015 11:53

I talked to the Big Guy this morning, as is my custom. I mentioned your name. He's been pretty good about answering my prayers, but not always in the way I expect.
Make sure you are doing your part (it's the helps those who help themselves part) Take good care of yourself and don't rush a recovery. Take the time to heal up good before taxing your body. Every time I tried to push myself before healing or denied something was wrong with me I paid the price. Just some friendly advice from a friend.
My best to you always,
Rich

hattie
# Posted: 15 Jul 2015 12:34

Sending lots of prayers for a complete recovery. Just take things slow and steady and you'll be out in the bush better than ever. Look at this time as dreaming and planning time. *smile* Please keep us posted how you are doing!!

{{hugs}}
Hattie and Bob

TheCabinCalls
# Posted: 15 Jul 2015 13:58

Prayers...

bldginsp
# Posted: 15 Jul 2015 13:59

Best wishes Julie. And to make things worse you have to eat hospital food the whole time. No fun. Get well soon.

Just
# Posted: 15 Jul 2015 15:47

THIS [ small cabin bunch ] helped me through a bad spell a few years ago ,I truly believe friends make a difference .
I would imagine my hospital room was a small cabin and try to think were i would put every thing in that small space ,
Keep your chin up ' just

fickle_serendipity
# Posted: 15 Jul 2015 15:59

Quoting: Just
THIS [ small cabin bunch ] helped me through a bad spell a few years ago

.....and look how nicely you recovered, Just!!! BTW, this is trollbridge and fickle_serendipity is my new member name.

Prayers for a speedy recovery. I'm sorry you have had such a tough time.

Just
# Posted: 15 Jul 2015 16:32

Quoting: fickle_serendipity
tough time.

LIFE IS GOOD , thanks, the new" fickle "
The hospital just did a 3 page spread in their news letter about
my surgery and outcome , I can't say enough good about the
folks there .

fickle_serendipity
# Posted: 15 Jul 2015 16:53

I know you had a great recovery from a bad "first time 'round" and I am so glad LIFE IS GOOD for you!!!

Tough times are when friends can make all the difference in the world. I like to believe that here at small-cabin we all want to see each other succeed at whatever it is we are striving for. Many here have shared their ups and downs in life. No matter the scenario, there is always something enlightening and inspirational about seeing how much the human spirit can endure. Much strength can be gained from one another....

Is there a way you could post the article, but still protect your privacy? I would love to read it.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 15 Jul 2015 18:27

Hi Julie, Sending healing thoughts your way. Having something to look forward to really does help in the healing process.
I survived peritonitis with the help of many good people and my dream of building a cabin.
Please keep us updated on your progress.

Salty Craig
# Posted: 15 Jul 2015 18:36

fickle_serendipity

New name? Cool. Why?

Hopefully not like Bruce Jenner.

Salty Craig

Steve_S
# Posted: 15 Jul 2015 20:00

Take Care Julie2Oregon all my best wishes for your speedy recovery !

Hopefully internet @ the hospital is reasonable and you can do some planning and figuring for your place in the meantime...

neb
# Posted: 15 Jul 2015 22:06

I hope for a fast recovery for you.

black_raven
# Posted: 15 Jul 2015 22:28

Get well

fickle_serendipity
# Posted: 16 Jul 2015 14:38

Quoting: Salty Craig
New name? Cool. Why?

Hopefully not like Bruce Jenner

Nope, not like that....was female before and pretty sure i still am

It just didn't suit me anymore and to maintain some privacy I will leave it at that. However, new beginnings and the struggles involved require a new "fickle" identity

bobrok
# Posted: 16 Jul 2015 14:54

Prayers and wishes for a complete recovery.
bob

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 16 Jul 2015 15:44

Positive vibes inbound! Get well soon Julie

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.