Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / reasons to avoid the use of chemicals
creeky
# Posted: 21 Jul 2015 12:44 - Edited by: creeky

remember. i'm old. so when i think about the use of pesticides and herbicides I remember events from recent history that show using toxic nerve agents to be a bad thing (DDT anyone?)

let's take lead in gasoline. it was known to be toxic pretty much from day one. and, after a long fight with a prevaricating sob industry we got lead out of gas.

it was hoped that we'd see a 2 to 3 point IQ increase. nope. We got a 5 to 6 pt IQ increase. There's pretty good evidence that the massive recent decline in violence and criminal behaviour may also have a lead based link. *

and that's why I strongly disagree with the happy go lucky use of toxic chemicals for recreational use. i'm not saying there isn't a time and a place. but if it was around my kids. or getting into my water supply.

just say no.

there is good evidence that many pesticides and herbicides have IQ suppressing effects.

as well as excellent evidence of negative health effects.

plus the solution is very simple. change your behaviour. just don't use 'em.

here are a couple of articles if you're interested in the science
the first, regarding the IQ effects of toxic chemicals including organophosphate pesticides from The Atlantic (a highly respected US magazine) looks fairly evenly at the varied arguements

the second, is some of the science behind the removal of lead based gasolines

of course you can easily google more info

* whoops. I made a goofy inference here in a misguided attempt at humour. It brings up a topic that is not "nature" oriented. I apologize to Salty and Nature66.

Salty Craig
# Posted: 21 Jul 2015 15:58

creeky

All good observations. My take is that the above mentioned areas are full of Islamic zealots. The wonderful, loving, religion of peace.

Salty

naturelover66
# Posted: 21 Jul 2015 17:24 - Edited by: naturelover66

I have never and would never use any pesticides.. Common sense.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.