Forked Deer
Dusty Miller
Bees Wings
Hot Foot
Over the Waves
Sally Goodin
Lime Rock
Old Sport

Without the help of Google, anyone recognize the words as to what they are?

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 12 Sep 2015 16:19

Forked deer is a 2 point or a 2X2 in my area, in the south, they call them 4 points.

Just
# Posted: 12 Sep 2015 17:14

plants maybe

bobrok
# Posted: 12 Sep 2015 17:17

drinks?
<you can see where my mind is at>

upndown
# Posted: 12 Sep 2015 18:19

Don't know what they mean, but I've been called a lot worse.

pash
# Posted: 12 Sep 2015 19:12

Forked Deer is a river where i come from

davestreck
# Posted: 12 Sep 2015 19:18

Fly patterns?

Gary O
# Posted: 12 Sep 2015 21:45

Quoting: bobrok
drinks?<you can see where my mind is at>

my first thought

Salty Craig
# Posted: 12 Sep 2015 23:28

Hooker names??

Salty

pizzadude
# Posted: 13 Sep 2015 15:33

No no. Hooker names be like Salty Craig, pizzadude, etc.
Fiddle tunes. That's what they are!
I thought for sure we had some bluegrass lovers amongst us here..
Anyways, those are a few of my faves🍕🍻

Salty Craig
# Posted: 13 Sep 2015 16:11

pizzadude

LOL

I love bluegrass. Just didn't pay attention to the names of fiddle tunes I guess. My oldest daughter is taking violin lessons and getting pretty good. I bought her her own fiddle this year!

I was to an Old Crow Medicine Show concert last year. Them boys are amazing. Maybe you prefer the tamer stuff? I've also heard Daily and Vincent. AWESOME

Craig

creeky
# Posted: 13 Sep 2015 16:52

try Trampled by Turtles

they are great. 'specially if yer a banjo fan.

upndown
# Posted: 13 Sep 2015 18:48

A town I pass thru on the way to my cabin. Wickenburg AZ. will be hosting their 36th annual Bluegrass Festival and Fiddle championship Nov 13-15. They also have Mandolin and Banjo competitions.

People attend from all over the Country. Good music and interesting folks. In the Rv area they set them up in a U with a firepit in the center, usually an old washing machine tub, some of them pretty elaborate.

We just travel from culdesac to culdesac meeting nice folks and listenening to great stories as well as Music. Great time!

Salty Craig
# Posted: 13 Sep 2015 19:38

It's amazing how popular bluegrass music is. It originated in the Appalachian Mountains. (I can see them from my house)

The settlers in my area were Scottish, Irish, and Welsh. These music styles were mixed together with English folk. Negro jazz was also blended in at some point.

Yeah, it's really just a redneck, tobacco spittin, demijohn toatin, mountain mixture of acoustic perfection. We love our Southern music, and so does much of the country.

Pizzadude, thanks for mentioning bluegrass music. It's hallowed where I live.

Craig

old243
# Posted: 13 Sep 2015 21:04

Those are dry and wet fly patterms . For fly fishing. old 243

pizzadude
# Posted: 13 Sep 2015 21:47

Ah so there are bluegrass lovers here!
Creeky, TbT are certainly a thill to hear. They play locally here from time to time, I need to catch one of their shows!
Salty, that's refreshing to hear your child has taken up the fiddle! Our youth are fading.. most are better at playing video games now days than any sort of instrument. Encourage her to keep it up!
Btw, I'd love to hear her play

pizzadude
# Posted: 13 Sep 2015 21:57

You folks may or may not enjoy this, but I'll post it anyways cause it's another favorite of mine performed by my family's band, Not Necessarily Bluegrass.
It was bittersweet, last time I heard them play it, at my dear friend's funeral.
The man in red is my uncle who built all the instruments being played, except of course the bass, fiddle, and banjo.

https://youtu.be/3QML7sPKsn4

Salty Craig
# Posted: 14 Sep 2015 16:41

pizzadude

Real good music. Sorry about your friend.

AK Seabee
# Posted: 14 Sep 2015 23:50

The music was enjoyable Pizza Dude

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.