Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Harvest moon with eclipse
bldginsp
# Posted: 27 Sep 2015 09:56

I read that tonight there will be a harvest moon with eclipse that will be easily seen on the East Coast of the US.

The moon will be at it's closest to the earth as well, which rarely happens during a full moon.

Unusual event. "Harvest moon" is the first full moon after the fall equinox. It's also going to be a 'blood moon' because in a full lunar eclipse the light that reaches the moon is filtered through earth's atmosphere and the other colors are filtered out. Should be fun.

Salty Craig
# Posted: 27 Sep 2015 11:51

I'm disappointed that our weather in Virginia is rainy and cloudy. I've been looking forward to watching this spectacle for a while now.

I'm mostly unfamiliar with this event from a religious perspective, but I understand that it has significance to the Jews. May we pray for their safety.

Craig

neb
# Posted: 27 Sep 2015 12:42 - Edited by: neb

This morning (092715) there was the most brilliant moon I have every experienced. It was 5 am while I was walking in the badlands. I wish I would of taken a picture. Thanks for the info.

Here a shot of the moon the evening before about 730 pm. I thought it was so nice that evening.

Gary O
# Posted: 27 Sep 2015 22:35

Quoting: neb
This morning (092715) there was the most brilliant moon I have every experienced

t'was here too
didn't need a flashlight to step out to pee at 2am
almost picked up the screw gun and started workin'...almost

bobrok
# Posted: 28 Sep 2015 10:37 - Edited by: bobrok

Spent time with friends on our dock watching the early stages with the moon glistening on the lake.
Went into an open field to watch the full eclipse.
Took pix and will try to post later.

It really was awsome.

Even when the forest dwellers started sniffing around.

creeky
# Posted: 28 Sep 2015 12:23

the moon rose to the south low in the sky here. it was bright. as the eclipse started two fingers of cloud came around the moon like a peace sign with a marble in between. that was pretty cool.

i had light cloud during the eclipse. cleared up as the moon came out of eclipse.

all of which I witnessed while lying in bed. i'd turn off the light I use for reading. watch the moon for a bit. go back to reading.

I didn't get any red colour. It was bright bluish white.

dsmith14469
# Posted: 28 Sep 2015 13:30

Here is one picture i took.
IMG_4966.JPG
IMG_4966.JPG

naturelover66
# Posted: 29 Sep 2015 18:37

Here in Michigan we had partly cloudy skies... But we saw it just before the eclipse.

cbright
# Posted: 30 Sep 2015 09:52

Some photos I took in Nova Scotia

First, the moon in full eclipse.
Second, the view of the sky in my backyard, moon in the top right.
Moon
Moon
Yard
Yard

bldginsp
# Posted: 30 Sep 2015 11:27

EXCELLENT pics!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.