Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Restoration Wild (New TV Series)
Steve_S
# Posted: 14 Nov 2015 20:01

Hey Folks...

I just came across a new show call "Restoration Wild" which is on The Animal Channel... Go Figure but why not...

I'm just watching Episode #1 and downloading #2, so far this looks really interesting... Upcycling and restoration and rural living all in one.

Episode 1 – Thrill of the Mill: Master restorer Jay Chaiken is on a mission at Whitewater Farm in Lake Toxoway, NC to transform an old tractor barn into a one of kind retreat overlooking a majestic waterfall.

Restoration Wild Season 1, Episode 2 – Back on the Rails
Master restorer Jay Chaiken travels to Aw Shucks Farm in Monroe, NC to breathe new life into a falling down 1880′s train car. Jay's got to create an educational space for kids by day that transforms into an Prohibition era speakeasy bar at night.

Certainly worth a look if you can get it... I only DL what I want to watch, don't watch "commercial TV" as such.

Have Fun & Enjoy !

Smawgunner
# Posted: 14 Nov 2015 21:28

Cool! Thanks

Steve_S
# Posted: 15 Nov 2015 07:24

I watched both episodes. Not Bad, some interesting ideas and even an inspiration for something on my build. It follows the basic "formula" for such programing...

The presentation and the show setup just reminded me of many other shows like American Pickers (cool show BTW, Neat Stuff) and others... TV Programmers / Producers have hit the wall on innovation, presentation and format... I wonder how TV as a medium will survive as folks are getting pretty bored with it...

Donkeydave
# Posted: 16 Nov 2015 09:12

"I wonder how TV as a medium will survive as folks are getting pretty bored with it..."

It looks like they might have to start paying a cast and actually writing episodes rather than expecting "reality" shows to carry them. I can't say I'm bored, I've never watched a reality show. I only watch PBS and once in a while, The Big Bang Theory.
You make me wish I had cable but it's not available here and I can't see shelling out the money for something I would rarely use, a dish.

Steve_S
# Posted: 16 Nov 2015 17:12

I haven't got Cable nor even a TV Antenna... Haven't actually watched Broadcast TV in over a decade.

I have my Internet via XploreNet Satellite and use Download sites which gives me the freedom to choose what I want to watch and when without any adverts. I've got hundreds of movies, a few Full Seasons of TV Series' like all of the Star-Trek *** from the original to the last series like Enterprise, Stargate SG-1, Atlantis & Universe, Dr. WHO ! AND OF COURSE Lot's of Documentaries, Educationals and can't forget Grand Designs, *** Farm Series Families from the UK *** House Series Families from the UK and Time Team +++ ... That sorta stuff.

Reality Shows are a farce IMO... Maybe in as much as they aren't Pro Actors but it most certainly is scripted & helped along by the production teams... No Interest in that stuff...

Steve_S
# Posted: 22 Nov 2015 17:25

Restoration Wild Season 1, Episode 3
- Bussin' It to the Rockies
- Air date: Nov 20, 2015 | Animal Planet

A 1940s bus is transformed into a mountainside retreat at Caribou Ranch in Colorado that taps into the area's music history.

-----------------
Just watched this episode and gotta say, folks, this one has some exceptional ideas on a couple of things... The Piano Recycling & Banjo are really cool.

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 24 Nov 2015 02:19

I'll have to check this out! I'm always looking for something interesting to watch for ideas.

Cabingal3 got me hooked on Alaskan Bush People, even though I find it more funny than inspiring. However, the youngest son, Noah, is quite the inventor and problem-solver.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.