Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Hooray! We're going to a Bowl game!
Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 7 Dec 2015 17:11

OK, so I probably *should* be spending this money on stuff for the cabin but I think this is important, too. My Ducks are playing TCU in the Alamo Bowl Jan. 2 in San Antonio so I bought tickets for my son and I to go! It will be lots of fun and good, quality time with my lad before mama moves to Oregon.

GO DUCKS!!!!! If our defense shows up, it will be a great game.

bobrok
# Posted: 7 Dec 2015 17:48

Quoting: Julie2Oregon
I probably *should* be spending this money on stuff for the cabin but I think this is important, too

Absolutely important! You will remember this forever!

I bought tickets for my son and I to go!

GOOD FOR YOU!!! You go and have the best time possible!

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 7 Dec 2015 18:00

Quoting: bobrok
GOOD FOR YOU!!! You go and have the best time possible!

Thanks, bobrok! It's a night game and about a 4-hour drive to San Antonio so we can leave late morning and leisurely make our way, have a nice, early dinner on the River Walk, and go to the game!

upndown
# Posted: 8 Dec 2015 11:54

Cool! Money well spent Julie, no one can ever take away our memories! Loves me some live college football.

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 8 Dec 2015 15:50

upndown
Yep! Lots of fun! The only other big games I've been to were a few at Texas Tech when my son went there. Myself, I attended a small university so, while our games were fun, they weren't huge deals. Goodness, many high school stadiums in Texas are bigger and more elaborate than my university's stadium in Pennsylvania!

bobrok
# Posted: 8 Dec 2015 16:46

have a nice, early dinner on the River Walk,

I've heard a lot of good things about that River Walk, and about San Antonio in general.
Sooooo....we'll need a full report after-the-fact, if you please

shall
# Posted: 8 Dec 2015 17:01

Outside of the playoffs, the Alamo Bowl is one of the best bowl matchups this year. You'll have a blast.
If you're doing the Riverwalk, Howl at the Moon is always a fun place.
coincidentally, I have a son at Tech and our daughter will be a freshman in Lubbock next year

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 8 Dec 2015 18:24

Quoting: bobrok
I've heard a lot of good things about that River Walk, and about San Antonio in general.Sooooo....we'll need a full report after-the-fact, if you please

Well, the plans have changed a bit already, lol. I went to the Alamo Bowl website and there's a fan bash going on near the stadium that we'll probably hit. The teams, mascots, and bands will be there. I wish we could go up the day before and enjoy more festivities but my son has to work.

The River Walk is lots of fun. The Ducks are staying at the Marriott River Center. I stayed there once and it's awesome. Indoor mall and you step right out onto the River Walk, too!They'll have a GREAT time! Lots to see and do around San Antonio.

I will report what I can. I will be on a quest to meet The Duck, hahahahaha!

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 8 Dec 2015 18:28

Quoting: shall
Outside of the playoffs, the Alamo Bowl is one of the best bowl matchups this year. You'll have a blast. If you're doing the Riverwalk, Howl at the Moon is always a fun place.coincidentally, I have a son at Tech and our daughter will be a freshman in Lubbock next year

Guns up, shall! My son wants to go to the Tech bowl game in Houston, too. He's trying to get a road trip together with some friends. Houston is a MUCH longer haul from here than San Antonio is, though.

Yeah, the Oregon-TCU matchup is going to be awesome! Hahaha, I hope I'm not the lone Duck fan in our section! I bought our tickets via Ticketmaster and totally missed the fact that DuckMail sent me an email link for tickets, grrrrr.

upndown
# Posted: 8 Dec 2015 18:53

One of my grade school buddies moved to Seattle right out of HS, and I to AZ a few years later. He's been a long time UW season ticket holder. Been a friendly rivalry for years, and have been fortunate to see a number of ASU vs UWgames together! We've both been the odd man out, just makes it more interesting.

shall
# Posted: 9 Dec 2015 17:42

the Tech b

I take it from your reference to Houston being a much longer drive that you must live somewhere around Lubbock or the panhandle.
If that's the case, when you are driving through Menard, TX enroute to San Antonio, do not exceed the speed limit. It's probably the biggest speed trap in Texas

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 10 Dec 2015 03:32

Quoting: upndown
One of my grade school buddies moved to Seattle right out of HS, and I to AZ a few years later. He's been a long time UW season ticket holder. Been a friendly rivalry for years, and have been fortunate to see a number of ASU vs UWgames together! We've both been the odd man out, just makes it more interesting.

This is Texas, land of guns, beer, and football as religion. I will keep my Yankee mouth shut if I find myself surrounded by Horned Frogs.

Julie2Oregon
# Posted: 10 Dec 2015 03:38

Quoting: shall
I take it from your reference to Houston being a much longer drive that you must live somewhere around Lubbock or the panhandle. If that's the case, when you are driving through Menard, TX enroute to San Antonio, do not exceed the speed limit. It's probably the biggest speed trap in Texas

Thanks for the tip, shall. I find much of rural Texas chockfull of speed traps but I will pay special attention to Menard. I live in Abilene and got stopped near a poorly named town called Eden once. There wasn't a speed limit sign to be found and I'd never driven around that area before. The cop didn't care. Hellz, he could have lied about what the speed limit was and I wouldn't have known because there wasn't anything posted for miles!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.