Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Happy Boxing Day
MtnDon
# Posted: 26 Dec 2015 14:45

Happy Boxing Day to all the Canuks, and others with a UK connection. Do you get a Monday holiday too as this year the 26th is a Saturday?

beachman
# Posted: 26 Dec 2015 18:27

Until moving to Canada, I never knew what Boxing Day was. We get Saturday off technically, but the Monday will be the normal holiday, except for retail. All stores were closed today, Saturday. But they will all be open tomorrow and all next week until Thursday night. Then closed for New Year's Day. Thanks for the cheers MD.

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 26 Dec 2015 22:11

Yep... the holidays feel nicely this year Boxing Day carries over to Monday and with New Years day on Friday... only 3 vacation days to get the week off. Good value!

Wilbour
# Posted: 27 Dec 2015 21:46

My Merrican Out-Laws were up two weeks ago and they kept referring to "The day after Christmas" I said each time, "You mean Boxing Day?"

That was met with a lot of scowls.

Ok, so Wrestling Day then?

No reaction.....

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.