Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Unread Posts
Stein
# Posted: 28 Dec 2015 08:21

As I have now been coming back here daily for a few weeks I was wondering if there was a way to navigate to unread posts in a thread?

Going back to previously read threads that have new posts it seems that I have to just guess and start scrolling through until I get to the most recent unread posts.

This is different from other forums that I frequent which generally have a button to click and it takes you to the first unread post on the thread.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 28 Dec 2015 19:52

I agree that would be handy, as would the ability to preview your post before submitting.

Steve_S
# Posted: 29 Dec 2015 12:14

Not sure what the software is that is being used for this forum... It looks a lot like phpBB. If it is, these are features within the software but have to be activated and the theme would have to handle it. It's been years since I tinkered with Web Servers and such but as I recall, phpBB extensions can be a PITA.

MtnDon
# Posted: 29 Dec 2015 19:22 - Edited by: MtnDon

Don't hold your breath.... changes to the forum has come up before... here and here for example.

FWIW, if changes were to be made, first and foremost would be a change to responsive software. For those who don't know, that means software that responds to the screen size of the device being used to view the forum. Even holding my phone sideways this forum is ridiculously hard to read / navigate.

Gary O
# Posted: 29 Dec 2015 19:39

Quoting: LoonWhisperer
I agree that would be handy, as would the ability to preview your post before submitting.

That...would really be handy
Or PMs
Or other stuff

but

it's small

as in Small, cabin forum

Stein
# Posted: 29 Dec 2015 22:50

My intent wasn't to stir the pot. Just curious if I had missed it.

MtnDon
# Posted: 29 Dec 2015 23:12

My intent was just to inform. And get in my comment about responsive I know it is not easy; lots of work, sometimes with pitfalls. I've done 2 and am still working on another.

bobrok
# Posted: 30 Dec 2015 09:07

I just juxtaposed this thread with the 'warm and homey cabin' thread.

I'm warm and homey with things the way they are here. Just sayin'.

Wilbour
# Posted: 30 Dec 2015 10:58

Quoting: bobrok
I'm warm and homey with things the way they are here.

Man, had to squint on that one. Never realised without my glasses how homey and horney look so similar.

bobrok
# Posted: 30 Dec 2015 13:31

Well, I admit I do like this place....

....but not that much

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.