Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Fitbit?
MtnDon
# Posted: 27 Jun 2016 23:36 - Edited by: MtnDon

I received a Fitbit, Zip model, for my recent 70th birthday. I've had it clipped to my belt for the past couple of weeks. Most days I hit over 12,000 steps. Anyone else tracking their "fitness"?

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 28 Jun 2016 01:32

Wife does, co workers get 18000 to 21000 steps a day. I would never of guessed anyone takes that many steps a day.

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 28 Jun 2016 06:31

My wife got me one at Christmas this past year. I wear it every day and always aim to reach my goal. I got my wife one after she saw how much I like mine. She enjoys challenging her family and friends. It is a great motivator because you realize how much or how little you have been doing during the day and gets you moving!

sparky30_06
# Posted: 28 Jun 2016 06:56

I wore one for about a month and was amazed how much walking I actually do at work even after I took a position that got me off the shop floor. I get about 10,000 to 12,000 a day

Absolutely
# Posted: 28 Jun 2016 07:08

Yes, I wear a Fitbit. At work (desk job) I rarely break 10,000 steps without making a conscious effort. I've been tracking my steps as I build my cabin and I'm routinely over 18,000 steps per day. The joke is that it often gives me less than 10 active minutes of exercise.

Wilbour
# Posted: 28 Jun 2016 07:13 - Edited by: Wilbour

My wife and I both have one. Well mine is a Timex but same idea.

Interesting logic behind the magical "10,000 step" number...
The first mechanical pedometers produced only had 4 rotating dials marked from 0 to 9. That meant they could only count up to 9,999 and would rest to 0000.

Mine shows who is calling or texting me. Nice feature at meetings or while driving.

bldginsp
# Posted: 28 Jun 2016 08:12

Which belt hole I am currently using is a sure indicator of whether I'm watching diet and getting exercise.

sparky30_06
# Posted: 28 Jun 2016 08:53

I agree bldginsp

Also the fitbit goes crazy when your running a sawzall. Man I ran several marathons that day!!

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 28 Jun 2016 10:06

Quoting: Absolutely
Yes, I wear a Fitbit. At work (desk job) I rarely break 10,000 steps without making a conscious effort.

Same here. I am happy if I can hit 10K a couple times a week. I will say I do make an effort to move during the day. Also use their windows app to log my food during the week.

Bruces
# Posted: 5 Oct 2020 16:54

I liquidated the two local Sears stores a few years ago and found myself very tired at the end of the day and my pants no longer fit me .I got a Fitbit ,and I was walking 34,000.00 steps a day ,that worked out to over 14 miles inside the store .(I took over shipping and receiving and literally me and my crew moved everything out of the store ,and for 3 months moved 5 trailers into the store a day of goods ) .I had been having an issue with Sugar so I make a very honest attempt to have as little as possible ,but other than that I made no other changes and still haven’t .Anyways ,I am 6’5” and was 240lbs when I started ,and in 4 months I was down to 195 and am still there .One of the other liquidators did a bunch of huge grocery stores in Australia ,he said one of the workers there was over 40,000 steps a day in the store ,but no idea the size of the guy’s steps so no idea of his mileage .

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.