Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Google Earth Timelapse
MtnDon
# Posted: 1 Dec 2016 16:58

This is cool; it lets you see satellite images showing how any place on Earth has changed over the last 32 years.

https://earthengine.google.com/timelapse/

DaveBell
# Posted: 1 Dec 2016 18:44

That's cool.

hueyjazz
# Posted: 2 Dec 2016 11:45

Ha
First I was shocked that I could even find my cabin on Google Earth considering you go to the middle of nowhere then go four mile passed that.
I now check Google earth fairly regularly. To my surprise I often found recent improvements to the property I've made reflected.
Google Earth has been a tool for municipalities as I heard from more than one person they got people for decks and sheds they have added on their property.
You can't hide anymore

bobrok
# Posted: 2 Dec 2016 18:32

Quoting: hueyjazz
Google Earth has been a tool for municipalities as I heard from more than one person they got people for decks and sheds they have added on their property

You ain't kidding! I can clearly see a new Weber grill style fire pit in my son's back yard from the tripod shadow the legs cast. Heck, I can actually see dog poop/burnt lawn marks in his back yard in summer.

bldginsp
# Posted: 3 Dec 2016 08:48 - Edited by: bldginsp

I've tried the link several times,it goes to the site, but it just spins and never stops. I'm using windows 10 on a recent PC. I have google earth on this pc. Anyone have similar problem?

MtnDon
# Posted: 3 Dec 2016 09:38

I'm on Win10 too, Chrome browser. It loaded just now. three similar machines I have tried. I've not tried any other browser if that might be related to the cause.

MtnDon
# Posted: 3 Dec 2016 09:43

Curiosity got the best of me.... I tried loading in Win10 Edge. It is spinning its wheel while I can use the page in Chrome.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 3 Dec 2016 10:26

Can't get on that site with my iPad

bobrok
# Posted: 3 Dec 2016 13:43

Just for fun (and because it says optimized for desktop and only for certain browsers) I opened advanced settings on Dolphin browser on my android smartphone and set user agent from android to desktop.
The link works like a charm.

LastOutlaw
# Posted: 5 Dec 2016 08:47

wont zoom in tight enough to see my property

RichInTheUSA
# Posted: 5 Dec 2016 11:24

I used google earth time lapse to look at old roads and paths that are now grown over. After bush-hogging an old path... i was able to find a building foundation on my property that I was not aware of when I bought the place.

The foundation is likely from the late 1700's, and is consistent with other foundations on my neighbors property, which are dated by a cemetery, also on the property.

hattie
# Posted: 5 Dec 2016 14:33

Thanks for posting this. It is really neat to watch. I can't zoom in close enough to our town to see details, but it sure shows the clearcutting in our area. It also shows old clearcut areas that have been replanted and grown in over the years. Fascinating!!!!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.