Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / helping with the cabin building
cabingal3
# Posted: 23 Dec 2010 08:13

wondering how much your wife helps with the land clearing and the cabin building?
do they help out with hauling heavy items?
what is the hardest project they have helped u with and u could not of done with out them??

nathanprincipe
# Posted: 23 Dec 2010 13:29

My wife doesnt do alot of heavy lifting but she does help carry alot of manageable lumber to the site, and then once there she helps hand me things, hold things in place, just what ever I need her to do, she doesnt use tools tho

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 23 Dec 2010 17:29

My wife loves painting, decorating and gardening - she does all that at our cabin.
Sometimes she helps with other things.

MtnDon
# Posted: 23 Dec 2010 18:13

My darling wife is a real trooper. Over the past three-four years we have cut hundreds of trees as a part of thinning for forest health. I cut them down ans into manageable lengths. She has hauled a great deal (most) of the tops and unusable branches into burn piles. She's also moved much of the usable timber in cut lengths to piles for pickup by truck/trailer. Some (much) we have given away to friends who can use the firewood.

She has helped with building from time to time when I request assistance. I'd be nowhere without her.

cabingal3
# Posted: 27 Dec 2010 01:07

MtnDon
what a wonderful answer. i am the same for my hubby.making burn piles with all the down wood so we can burn it.and hauling,holding,nailing the roof tar paper and u name it.he is the brains though.lol

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.