Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Idaho man’s pet squirrel goes nuts on burglar
ChuckDynasty
# Posted: 3 Apr 2017 06:05

MERIDIAN, Idaho — Many homeowners have dogs for protection, but an Idaho man’s unusual pet proved to be just as effective when fending off a burglar.

Adam Pearl walked into his home on Tuesday and quickly realized something was wrong, KIVI-TV reports.

“I came in the front door and well I saw snow prints out in the front driveway going to the back of the house so I thought something was awry because no one usually goes through the yard,” Pearl told KIVI-TV.

Pearl’s pet squirrel Joey greeted him at the door, and then he started noticing that doors were open all over the house.

He went to his gun sage and realized someone had been trying to get in it.

“And I started looking at it and saw the scratches that are around the locking area and at that point I knew somebody was definitely in here messing around,” Pearl said.

Pearl called police, and just a few hours into the investigation, they returned with some of his stolen belongings.

The officer told Pearl that they found the suspect and were able to trace him back to the burglary because of the scratches on his hands and arms.

“She said while she was questioning the individual, he had scratches on his hands, so she asked him ‘Did you get that from the squirrel’ and he says ‘Yeah, (expletive) thing kept attacking me and wouldn’t stop until I left,’” said Pearl.

Joey is being hailed a hero, and he was rewarded with his favorite treat—Whoppers!

Steve_S
# Posted: 3 Apr 2017 06:10

LMAO ! Good One. Hip Hip Hooray for Joey the Guard Squirrel !

paulz
# Posted: 3 Apr 2017 08:31

Great story! Can a squirrel be potty trained?

Malamute
# Posted: 3 Apr 2017 12:29

Made me curious. It seems they can.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=can+a+squirrel+be+house+trained&*&spf=391

DaveBell
# Posted: 3 Apr 2017 19:23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cISL-gnXw8

DRR
# Posted: 3 Apr 2017 21:20

I gotta admit, when I read Whoppers, I was thinking a BK Whopper. I was like Wow! A squirrel that likes hamburgers.

Yep, I can be pretty gullible at times.

LOL!

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 4 Apr 2017 11:07

Just when you though you heard it all. lol

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.