Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Do you feel like .............
Jerry
# Posted: 8 Feb 2011 13:48

Do you feel like you want to cultivate slowness - for example, use a broom instead of a noisy vacuum?

Do you have a favorite coffee mug that helps you start the day off on the right foot?

Do you feel a sense of satisfaction by growing your own food and making things instead of buying them?

Do you enjoy company but also need a small space where you can find solitude, silence and enjoy meditation?

Can you tolerate and cultivate inperfection as a naturally occuring life process?

These and other concepts of finding beauty and peace in ordinary things are defined by the Japanese philosophy of Wabi-Sabi. There is a great article on the concept of Wabi-Sabi in the February/March 2011 issue of MOTHER EARTH NEWS.

bobrok
# Posted: 8 Feb 2011 15:42

Jerry:
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
I think I had better read this article. Thank you for posting!

Gary O
# Posted: 8 Feb 2011 20:16

Quoting: Jerry
finding beauty and peace in ordinary things

I think the aboriginals of North America were also of this vein.
Funny, to give thought to it seems so foreign, yet all along it's what I've been after.
A personal, unfortunate, stuggle of mine is I have an OCD that I fight every waking moment, and I've found the simple things of life really really are a help.

As bobrok, thank you for posting this Jerry.
I've got some reading to do.......

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.