Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Suwanee Music Festival - anyone gone?
Jerry
# Posted: 17 Feb 2011 09:44

Hi all.

I saw an hour long documentary of a past music festival held on the Suwanee River in north Florida. Music was of the traditional/bluegrass variety, and I loved it. There appeared to be lots of impromptu jamming going on in the campground. I looked on the internet, and it looks like there are a number of different music festivals at that park during the year. The one I saw on the documentary was held in March.

Has anyone attended this or other music festivals at the Suwanee Park? Your opinions? How about other festivals for this type of music? This winter got a little long in the frozen north and next year I'd like to take a little music tour in the January/February/March period.

Thanks for responses.

Jerry

bobrok
# Posted: 17 Feb 2011 11:13

Hi Jerry,

The New York State Olde Tyme Fiddler's Association has established what they call the North American Fiddler's Hall of Fame in Osceola, New York URL.
We have been there although not for a musical event. It turns out that the museum and grounds are the old homestead of part of my wife's side of the family and we found out about it by attending a family reunion at that venue. Their web site is very out of date but the place does exist. I've been wanting to go back for a musical event ever since we found out about this, but, alas, my small-cabin adventures have not allowed me the time.
Perhaps some day soon.

rayyy
# Posted: 6 Mar 2011 08:58

Hay Jerry,there are music festivals all over this country.You can find blue grass/old time events just about every weekend with a little research.I know of many great events here in western new york.Do you play guitar,mandoline,banjo,fiddle,dobro,upright base?If you do,you can have a ball!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.