Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Any ideas for repurposing leather electric recliner and couch?
KinAlberta
# Posted: 15 Nov 2018 20:29 - Edited by: KinAlberta

We’re replacing our leather living room chair and couch and since they are big and heavy, we will probably just give them away.

However, I started to wonder if I couldn’t just take them apart and toss the foam stuffing etc but keep the leather, wood and three electric motors and their mechanisms.

But then what?

Leather tiles? Leather for recovering old stools, ????

The motors?

paulz
# Posted: 15 Nov 2018 21:57

Make a wood framed cow, with a head and tail that move using the motors, and cover it with the leather.

All I got, sorry.

darz5150
# Posted: 15 Nov 2018 22:56

I made an auto dump bed garden size tilt trailer with a motor and gears from an adjustable bed. Maybe you can make an auto lift for logs onto a wood splitter with the motor/gears/frame. Check the volts of the motors. Mine was 12 volts DC. If you have solar panels you could make a sun tracker with a cheap timer/controller.

KinAlberta
# Posted: 16 Nov 2018 00:05

Maybe a power attic hatch. Or a hidden power drawer somewhere.

I wonder if thd could be used as a flatscreen tv lift (where it drops down out of site into a cabinet)

I’m thinking that the leather could be used on our dining room chairs.

KinAlberta
# Posted: 16 Nov 2018 00:11 - Edited by: KinAlberta

Quoting: paulz
# Posted: 15 Nov 2018 21:57
Reply Quote

Make a wood framed cow, with a head and tail that move using the motors, and cover it with the leather.

All I got, sorry

Brilliant!!!!

Make it part of some campaign and claim its representative of the violence against cows or something or other - then sell it for a million bucks as protest “art”.

Maybe have one motor raising the cow onto its hind legs and another motor raising and lowering a rifle attached to one of the cow’s front hoofs. The Cow That Wouldn’t Take It Anymore.

Have it standing up behind the protection of a fallen fellow cow (in the form of another old couch).

Good for two million bucks!

Cowracer
# Posted: 16 Nov 2018 10:29

Motors/actuators could be adapted to make a solar tracking system for you solar power

Tim

Borrego
# Posted: 16 Nov 2018 11:42

Love the ideas on this forum...!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.