Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / do u hunt?
. 1 . 2 . >>
cabingal3
# Posted: 21 Feb 2011 04:26

does anyone hunt?

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 21 Feb 2011 07:20

i hunt deer, turkey , wild hogs and small game and fish.
Headed to MS, TN, South dakota,and Montana......as well as my home state of georgia...........for spring turkey season this spring......
we eat a lot of wild game at my house and camp.

naturelover66
# Posted: 21 Feb 2011 09:56

NO hunting here.... the husband used to before we married.......
Now, dont get mad......im one of those Vegetarians...... lolol...... ive worked with animals for 23 years........ and i just cant eat one.
It was more like a moral decision i made for myself in my twentys...... i cook it for my family........... just dont eat it myself.
Nothing aganist hunters....... its just not my way of life. The squirrels on my block basically knock on our front door for food every morning.... i just love the little guys.
Are you a hunter Cabingal3??

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 21 Feb 2011 10:15

naturelover66

i love animals............they are tasty

just kidding with ya....to each his own.
i love all the stuff thats bad for ya.........red meat and taters ( fried of course)...LOL

cabingal3
# Posted: 21 Feb 2011 11:45

Quoting: turkeyhunter
i love animals............they are tasty

snicker.yeah turkeyhunter.u got that right.
i am trying to learn how to hunt squirels.hubby got me my gun for xmas and next i will be sneaking up on those little pesky boogers and before long i will have them frying in the pan and i am gonna make hubby a hat.lol

hattie
# Posted: 21 Feb 2011 16:29

Hubby hunts grouse with an air gun. He gets ruffies, and blues. I go hunting with him and I'm the retriever. hehehehe....When a bird is shot and flies down an embankement, I get to "retrieve" it. *LOL* I'm not too crazy about eating them just because they look so darned cute when they are alive. I will eat them occasionally, but usually just cook chicken for myself and grouse for Hubby.

I used to eat venison until we moved up here. I see so many cute deer that I can't bring myself to eat it anymore though. Lots of locals eat elk and bear up here as well.

naturelover66
# Posted: 21 Feb 2011 20:19

Quoting: cabingal3
i will be sneaking up on those little pesky boogers and before long i will have them frying in the pan and i am gonna make hubby a hat.lol

OY..... you hunt cute little squirrels ??
You will probably laugh about this but ive rehabilitated / bottle fed and nursed the little guys back to health. Released them in a beautiful park here near the house...... Gone to feed them daily....... the whole spiel.
Yep, to each his own.......
Naturelover66

Gary O
# Posted: 21 Feb 2011 20:39

Quoting: hattie
I see so many cute deer that I can't bring myself to eat it anymore though.

Well, I gotta confess. I feel the same way.
Cabi3 gets a bit upsought with me...I've got enough guns, and entertain the thought of it from time to time, but can't bring myself to shoot anything with a face...with the exception of fish.
However even they can get to me when I take 'em. Every one of 'em have the same expression of astonishment well after I land 'em, even in the ice box, mouths agape, eyes wide, looking up...like 'I can't believe I fell for that wooly booger'....but I do love the sport. Nothin' fancy, just walking the stream, hunting fish, takin' in the scenery and smells.
Freud would've had so much fun with this.
I could kill deer, elk, or even skunk if I was hungry enough, and eat their face and all with relish...but never been that hungry......yet.
Ever watch Andrew Zimmern on cable? Boy, if he ain't a two legged hyena.

Erins#1Mom
# Posted: 21 Feb 2011 20:53

Grew up in Northeast Tn, Daddy would go squirrel hunting on a regular basis. Fried squirrel and squirrel gravy.
I now feed the neighborhood squirrels. They sit on the kitchen window sill saying "come on out, we're hungry. Need peanut!"

SE Ohio
# Posted: 21 Feb 2011 21:22

I've taken up deer hunting in the last few years. Had venison twice over the weekend. We got some ground and mixed with suet. It made great taco meat, with barely a drop of grease to drain. The venison steaks were good, too. We're overrun with deer in Ohio, population is now estimated to be greater than it was when the "Indians" were prevalent. This county alone has more than 400 deer-car collisions each year, some fatal to the humans too! I see deer hunting as doing our part to keep the population somewhat controlled, and our driving neighbors safe.

I don't have as good a story to support my fishing, however! Except with the (non-native) carp, that is. They become raccoon food on the creek bank. I've promised my boys that we'll catch and eat some gamefish this year- Bass or bluegill, typically.

Just
# Posted: 21 Feb 2011 23:29

I have lots of hunting buddys come to enjoy my cabin ..They bring their kids and grandkids to hunt and fish learn to shout . the rule is you shoot or kill "any thing" you eat it hear and now !! I'ts cut way down on dead robins ,,and every thing eles!!You break the rule you don't come back...it's about respect for life!!

hattie
# Posted: 22 Feb 2011 00:17

Hubby was so busy getting his picture taken that he didn't notice the deer watching him. *LOL*
Mighty Hunter
Mighty Hunter

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 22 Feb 2011 07:45

hattie....great pic...............LOL

cabin gal 3.........take those tree rats as we call them down south.......skin them throw them in the pressure cooker for a litlle while, then batter and fry in a cast iron skillet..........with some gravy and cats heads fine eatin for sure...........at my hunting camp, we use to have a hunt and the dinner was always "tree rats and dumplings",,,,,good times and fine eating

unixfmike
# Posted: 16 Apr 2011 22:31

I hunt! I wouldn't say I'm good, I stick my fair share of arrows in trees, dirt, and mud, and occasionally something to eat.

--MikeW

smitty
# Posted: 16 Apr 2011 23:26

I don't hunt at the moment.
Didn't have a family that did as a kid, so now learning in my 30's and it's been a lot of fun. Plan to do a lot of hunting soon. Especially birds..

larry
# Posted: 17 Apr 2011 11:08 - Edited by: larry

i find my self watching the wildlife more shooting it but i do hunt. I enjoy hunting deer, turkey and partridge but i will never shoot it if i don't plan on eating it.

neb
# Posted: 17 Apr 2011 16:18

I hunt with a bow only. Elk, deer and turkey.

projectnorth
# Posted: 19 Apr 2011 14:45

No hunting for me but there's plenty of wildlife around to look at.

canadian girl
# Posted: 19 Apr 2011 15:24

does hunting for bargains count? lol

cabingal3
# Posted: 19 Apr 2011 16:55

ha.thats funny gal.

manny
# Posted: 20 Apr 2011 20:23

I live for hunting. Moose ,deer, rabbits, If i can eat it i,ll hunt it.
Picture_013.jpg
Picture_013.jpg

manny
# Posted: 20 Apr 2011 20:31

These are real tasty on the barby.
moose.jpg
moose.jpg

cabingal3
# Posted: 20 Apr 2011 21:20

manny.i am for this.way better than that stuff we buy at the grocery store.I am working on hunting squirrels.u would not believe how many people have called me a squirrel killer.snicker.
those varmits.well.eating a sage rat is way better than eating ground beef from the grocery store.good for u.i am aiming to be like this.if i hunt for it.i am eating it.cabi3

cabingal3
# Posted: 20 Apr 2011 21:21

Quoting: hattie
Hubby was so busy getting his picture taken that he didn't notice the deer watching him. *LOL*

hattie.how priceless is this?? love it.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 20 Apr 2011 21:35

i keep deer, wild hog /fish /quail and wild turkey in my freezer at all time. Good and good for ya!!!!!........
it's all N A T U R A L!!!!!!
i like living off the land!!!!!!

naturelover66
# Posted: 20 Apr 2011 22:43

i will stick to my organic veggies............. good for my bum ticker.
so are wild hogs just roaming around the beautiful hills of Georgia?

cabingal3
# Posted: 21 Apr 2011 09:19

THEY SURE RUN WILD IN LA.

Erins#1Mom
# Posted: 21 Apr 2011 17:05

I don't hunt but my brother does. Deer and turkey. We have lots of both. A few wild hogs as well.
Hattie,
That is the funniest photo I have seen in a very long time....

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 21 Apr 2011 22:12

Quoting: naturelover66
so are wild hogs just roaming around the beautiful hills of Georgia?

mostly in the river and creek botoms...........some find there way to the grill, with oak and hickory coals under them:-)

manny
# Posted: 22 Apr 2011 20:43 - Edited by: manny

Im planing to put in a garden this spring,just to have some sweet and tasty vegies to go with my venison. and your darn right about storebought stuff.yeckkkk.And you keep the sage rat population down, im pullin for ya Cabi

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.