Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Broadband: The Need for Speed
bobrok
# Posted: 25 May 2019 20:49

Full disclosure, I'm a space junkie and I follow things pretty closely.

There have been numerous threads about connectivity here, be it cellular or broadband, and the lack of it in certain areas of the world where folks like us are predisposed to have our small cabins.

This just happened the other day and I thought it would be fun to share. It's a non-technical read and gives a pretty decent overview of Elon Musk's SpaceX plan and how it differs from what is currently in place.

Now 12,000 satellites is a far stretch and it remains to be seen if this scenario plays out, nor is there any indication of cost.

Just wanted to share and see if anyone else here follows space technology and exploration.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/heres-the-technology-behind-spacexs-plan-for-fast-i nternet-service-2019-05-24

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.