Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Are You Ready?
hattie
# Posted: 11 Mar 2011 23:21

With the horrible earthquakes in Japan and the tsunamis, have you prepared yourself and family in case of an emergency? Do you have food, water, fuel, cash, clothes, medical supplies at the ready? Have you discussed with your family a place to meet them if you can't use telephones or cell phones?

Hubby and I have a good supply of items at the ready, but I had never discussed it with our family. Today I sent emails out and spoke on the phone with family members to get a plan organized. We now know where we will meet and what we will do in an emergency. Of course, no plan is foolproof, but it makes me feel better knowing that everyone in our family has a plan and list of supplies needed.

MtnDon
# Posted: 12 Mar 2011 00:26

A better question may be is all the emergency stuff going be be accessible or will it be under a pile of rubble because the house fell down?

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 12 Mar 2011 20:02

CHECK
and pleanty of guns and ammo ......i case the ones un-prepared stop by.... 8-)

cabingal3
# Posted: 12 Mar 2011 22:51

yes.Hattie.u are the most organized gal.i was just looking at pictures of your organized pantry.whew.pretty dog gone perfect in my book and your canning looks really good too.
well, i woke up at 2:49a.m. the morning of the japan earthquake and was horrified and then i got so worried about my commerical fishermen son and his crew and boat when i heard about the complete west coast being under a tsunami warning...I called him on his boat.He knew nothing about this.He had been grabbing a couple of hours sleep like fishermen do. a couple here and a couple there.He had me get on the speaker phone to tell the whole crew.Then he called another fisher boat owner and talked to them to hear what they knew.All the other fishermen and boats were heading like 5 miles out.i guess it is safer there.I got my son out of his boat and heading for higher ground.and nothing happened.i was pretty happy with the oregon coast towns being able to go thru the practice of this warning.My son called later that nite and said thanks mom for saving our lifes.snicker.nothing happened.ha ha ha.he could have stayed on his boat.But u never know.I think Brookings oregon got it pretty bad.
i always think i have things on hand but i do not have them together in a kit by the door or in some safe place. a lady i knew-had all her earthquake and emergency goods in plastic garbage cans in the garage.My safety kit at the woods is whiskey and a gun.hubbys gun.i guess i need to get going on this.and get an emergency kit here at home and the woods.

hattie
# Posted: 12 Mar 2011 23:16

I read Gary O's post about your son, cabingal3...I am so happy he is alright. It just seems like the world is falling apart right now. *sigh*

cabingal3
# Posted: 13 Mar 2011 03:02

well if things get bad as in before time ends as we know it and before God comes again.i wonder how many will go to there woods.there is alot of speculation on this.will a person go to the woods and horde there foods and artilery and all kinds of wild stuff.i just figure if i get to this cabin on earth or cabin in the sky with Jesus...its probably gonna be alot better than earth.which i can not imagen cause i want to be at the cabin on earth so badly.probably what will happen is i will get lamed up and gar will die and i will be stuck in some nursing home .ha ha ha.i swear i will drag myself out there.and live or the worse case is i get stuck with my kids.haha ha....things are about normal for the world i suppose.always a mess.THANKS FOR THE REMINDER TO GET THINGS GATHERED FOR EMERGENCIES.HUGS!

cabingal3
# Posted: 13 Mar 2011 03:18

http://www.thegallos.com/gobag.htm
http://72hours.org/go_bag.html
http://www.coquitlam.ca/Residents/Public+Safety/Emergency+Preparedness/Emergency+Supp lies+Checklist+.htm
here are some links that may help.

hattie
# Posted: 13 Mar 2011 12:32

Those look like handy links. Thanks cabingal3.

cabingal3
# Posted: 13 Mar 2011 13:15

u are so welcomed hattie...but knowing u-u already have all this stuff handy.

bobrok
# Posted: 13 Mar 2011 18:44

Quoting: cabingal3
there is alot of speculation on this.will a person go to the woods and horde there foods and artilery and all kinds of wild stuff

I bumped into this once and read a little bit.URL
There are many forums like this. Some are very scary to read.

cabingal3
# Posted: 13 Mar 2011 18:57

Quoting: bobrok
There are many forums like this. Some are very scary to read.

u are right,i belong to that group and they are nuts.snicker..but with all things there is the good n the bad.they do have alot of good ideas too though.

bobrok
# Posted: 13 Mar 2011 20:42

Wow, cabi, I don't know if u get Nat Geo channel on ur telly but I am watching a show right now about fault lines & quakes in the PNW and they are talking about the Cascadia fault being way overdue for movement. Now does that stretch towards you? It would seem so.
Ominous to say the least.

Gary O
# Posted: 13 Mar 2011 21:01

Quoting: bobrok
watching a show right now about fault lines & quakes in the PNW

please change the channel............

bobrok
# Posted: 13 Mar 2011 21:07

Already have. Shows over. Watching Billy Joel @ Shea b4 its demise

Gary O
# Posted: 13 Mar 2011 21:20

Sponge bob here....grandkids have invaded.............
The shop beckons........

bobrok
# Posted: 13 Mar 2011 21:21

I'm in a New York State of Mind right about now.....

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.