Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Sweat much?
paulz
# Posted: 30 Jul 2019 13:11

I sure do, lately. I thought maybe it was the extra 20lbs. I'm packing, but a friend who is skin and bones happened to mention how much he sweats now. He says it happens when you get older and still do manual labor. Another friend thinks older folks need better control of body heat.

ICC
# Posted: 30 Jul 2019 15:13

As we age our our sweat (eccrine) glands shrink and we may perspire less. There can be medical reasons a person sweats more than they used to, given that activities, etc remain the same.

Island
# Posted: 30 Jul 2019 16:03

I'm with the original poster. I'm sweating more as I get older. I understand it's the body's way of cooling off but I'm not too happy about it. I mixed and poured 60 bags of concrete by hand this weekend. I went through 6 t-shirts and it wasn't really that hot out.

Scott G
# Posted: 4 Aug 2019 11:52

I sweat buckets just thinking about working. 3 t-shirts a day.

sparky30_06
# Posted: 5 Aug 2019 07:00

More beer you drink the more you sweat the next day

creeky
# Posted: 5 Aug 2019 09:16

I was sweating just standing next to the job I had yet to start. And pouring sweat. In my eyes.

Of course, I was in the sun and it was 34.

Wilbour
# Posted: 5 Aug 2019 21:47

34? She looked more like 72 to me.

Oh wait, you meant °C

sparky30_06
# Posted: 6 Aug 2019 06:56

I would be so happy to see 72 right now!!! This almost 100 and high humidity sucks!!! And could use some rain but not a hurricane

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.