Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Shock: Husband suggests camping
Erins#1Mom
# Posted: 21 Mar 2011 18:52

For all you NASCAR fans: We just completed the weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway ($500+ for 3 tickets each day): WHAT CABIN BUILDING SUPPLIES I COULD HAVE BOUGHT! Live about twenty minutes away. Holds app. 160,000 but due to gas and economy only had app. 120,000 or maybe it was due to track changes that now make it boring. Lots of tents and RVs in the pastures around the track but not near as many in the past. My husband, a confirmed "city boy" has now suggested camping in a tent for the fall race. OMG.... I think we should rent a RV instead. I, at 53 and he at 63, are too old to lay on the hard ground. To be honest, I have never slept in a tent.

bobrok
# Posted: 21 Mar 2011 19:17

Erin's#1Mom:

Tent camping is a lot of fun, but, admitedly, you have to have the desire to rough it. I LOVE cozying up in a sleeping bag in a tent after a night in the woods. Tenting at a NASCAR race is, well, different. Not sure if I'd like that either.

I'll take the woods, tho, anyday.

hattie
# Posted: 21 Mar 2011 20:57

Erins#1Mom - You really don't want to sleep on the ground - not if you want to be able to get up again in the morning. I've tried it and let's just say it's not my cup of tea. *S* Leave the ground sleeping to the young'uns.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 21 Mar 2011 21:35

Nascar in a tent --not thanks....
but if you could get him to the woods--peace and quite---you both would enjoy tent camping. I sold my 33ft coachman camper and bought a 2007 pop up camper with AC last year, we enjoy camping .

500 would have bought a you a few boards at home depot, i was so blowed away last weekend at home spot,,,,,,,,,,,some boards, i bought were over 20 bucks EACH!!!!!!!!!!

Gary O
# Posted: 21 Mar 2011 22:48

Quoting: turkeyhunter
some boards, i bought were over 20 bucks EACH!!!!!!!!!!

Better'v been long ones
Quoting: hattie
Leave the ground sleeping to the young'uns.

Got that right, Hats
Ol' mother earth pushes back too hard these days...........

cabingal3
# Posted: 22 Mar 2011 07:08

gotta do what u have to do to go with the flow.what about an army cot?

naturelover66
# Posted: 22 Mar 2011 09:18

I would get a giant tent and use an airmattress.
Dont sleep on the ground....... you will regret it.

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 22 Mar 2011 10:24

Our family have started our cabin endeavor with camping - that brought us close to nature, desire for our own retreat place, and ultimately to purchase of land and building a cabin.

Yes, comfortable sleeping (i.e. air mattress with 12V air pump) is a must for camping.

Gary O
# Posted: 22 Mar 2011 15:37

Quoting: naturelover66
use an airmattress

cabi and I had our share of air mattress experiences

roll up mat preferred if tenting it

Journal excerpt;

Late September/fall arrives
During the week we found a futon sofa (saves room in the day) for $25 on Craig's list. This was a 'must' purchase as the double high air mattress was really no better than the undulating single high one.
Yes, we were going to rise to meet the day like most humans, not (as was our custom) roll out and crawl to the nearest wall. As a matter of fact, the last event that helped sway us toward a more bed like structure consisted of the little woman getting her head stuck between the wall and the mattress as she tried to do her customary roll off, arms flailing, one leg up in the air, struggling to free herself, sending waves of tidal motion thru my torso, causing me to scream like a little school girl. It seems that when rolling off, her posterior remained on the mattress, trapped in the swale. After what seemed like several minutes of her struggle, I did a power roll to save myself, ending up on all fours, glancing over at my panic filled thrashing woman, I began to laugh uncontrollably. She didn't seem to find the humor......breakfast was cold that morning.........

Erins#1Mom
# Posted: 22 Mar 2011 17:13

Gary O,
Were your grades GREAT in composition class? I can see it very clearly. LOL.

Gary O
# Posted: 22 Mar 2011 19:03

Quoting: Erins#1Mom
Were your grades GREAT in composition class

Loved it
only class I found interest
they ran me off mid term
prof had a fast set of rules
I didn't

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.